Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yorgosGK

Will repair function roll me back my default textures?

Sorry if a topic already exists like this, I couldn't locate one....

What I'm looking to do is restore EVERY file to do with textures.....after GEX, FTX Global, REX, UTX tests I am not 100% sure I executed the uninstall process properly on each addon..... I think i have congested my FSX and Im loosing FPS.....I would like to restore all original texture files properly and install my selected addons based on my tests CLEAN....

Will the repair function actually do this...sometimes I hear yes sometime I hear no...I kind of scared to do it...Am i jeopardizing anything?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Everything except FTX should uninstall clean. Since FTX Global changes some core files I have no idea about that, I would check their forums. 

You could either post a screen shot of an area to compare with others and that might give you an indication, but as far as I know if you want to be 100% sure you are running FSX defaults, you need to reinstall FSX.

I'm sure others will have ideas for you as well

Hi, Yorgos: My suggestion would be to create a second install of FSX on another drive, a laptop, or some other media (I use my wife's pc) and then copy/paste the required files into my FSX.