Sign in to follow this  
PoanickyBoad

Using electronic recording devices during takeoff and landing

And yet you still cannot show me any evidence of when a camera has caused an incident to an aircraft when I can show you millions of takeoff and landing videos on Youtube posted from the Cabin and Flight Deck. Also as been mentioned lots of airlines already allow you to film landings and takeoffs and some don't. So your entire argument doesn't hold any credibility other then an ego ranting over a flightsim forum.

I also question you being a pilot because if you were a pilot as you claim then I am not sure what your employer thinks of you debating on a Flight Sim forum with hobbists which also makes me seriously doubt your credibility......I am not a pilot but a hobbyist and self employed so no problem here.

Um, looks like we are right back where we started. The reason there are restrictions on electronic devices is not they have caused anything, but that it has not been proven that they cannnot cause anything. Just because nothing has happened yet, that you know of, does not mean that it has not or will not. Therefore in the interest of safety, the restrictions were put in place.

Check your anger and remember you said this is entertaining. Don't attack the person, attack the idea. Cheers.

My money's on the honorary kiwi.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

You actually put in danger all people onboard when you decided it's enough to just switch your camera to "airplane mode". Shame on you.

I am appalled… you may be right!

I have lied to innumerable cabin crew, and they have let me endanger countless luckless souls on board!

And Panasonic have made a camera with an “airplane mode” that endangers the aircraft!

Tell you what: bookmark this thread, and if at any time in the next fifty years or so, you hear of an airliner crash caused by a Lumix, print out this discussion and take it to the families of the crash victims, to start a class action against Panasonic.

I’d say there is a lotta money to be made.

My money's on the honorary kiwi.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

RIght, Cheers, Thanks a lot.....I am laughing all the way through this and he just said 'CHeck your anger'  :LMAO:

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Anyhow, I have a couple of mates here having a laugh as well. It's like debating with Karl Pilkington, it just gets funnier   :lol:

Matthew Kane

RIght, Cheers, Thanks a lot.....I am laughing all the way through this and he just said 'CHeck your anger' :LMAO:

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Anyhow, I have a couple of mates here having a laugh as well. It's like debating with Karl Pilkington, it just gets funnier :lol:

That's probably good advice you should take.

That's probably good advice you should take.

You do realize that was a quote from Yoda??? which means I was taking a p___ out of yea?

Two things are for certain at this point.

1. You can't seriously be a pilot

2. You have no sense of humor

:lmao:

Matthew Kane

No, I didn't realize that. I guess something else is clear at this point, Matthew Kane attends Star Wars conventions.

No, I didn't realize that. I guess something else is clear at this point, Matthew Kane attends Star Wars conventions.

Actually never been to one. Just like Yoda is all.

Look mate, what is going on here is tunnel vision. Debating on a Forum is fruitless because their is zero interactions between the people involved. In person you see the laughter and body language from the responses, on here you only get what you perceive is being said from a text response, which is not the entire picture (or even close). I am 100% certain that if you and I were hanging out in a pub together and interacting then your view of me would be entirely different then what you think of me from this forum.

This is why I can't take these forums seriously and just have fun on them. If it isn't fun or entertaining then their is no point to them. If you are ever in Wellington I would buy you a pint of beer my friend....CHeers  :drinks:

Matthew Kane

Speaking of cameras and stuff like that ....

You know the one thing that that really, REALLY, annoys me? Those idiots on a plane that just love to shove their camera in your face at 30,000 feet so they can post their vids on youtube. Whilst I accept it is going to happen cattle class, I was mortified when I was filmed by some some idiot when eating my meal whilst travelling business class on an Emirates flight. So, I did what any good kiwi would do - flipped him the finger and told him in no uncertain terms where to go, preferably before we landed!  :lol:  :lol:

Actually never been to one. Just like Yoda is all.

Look mate, what is going on here is tunnel vision. Debating on a Forum is fruitless because their is zero interactions between the people involved. In person you see the laughter and body language from the responses, on here you only get what you perceive is being said from a text response, which is not the entire picture (or even close). I am 100% certain that if you and I were hanging out in a pub together and interacting then your view of me would be entirely different then what you think of me from this forum.

This is why I can't take these forums seriously and just have fun on them. If it isn't fun or entertaining then their is no point to them. If you are ever in Wellington I would buy you a pint of beer my friend....CHeers  :drinks:

Amen to that. Thanks for your answers Matthew (and all others) and nice vids by the way  :Applause: . That landing in Nelson looked like a hard one though, can't have been too good for that nice and (relatively new) Q300. They only replaced the Saab-340s a few years ago I think.