Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim_Capps

UHDT -- Is There a Free Lunch After All?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not really a performance hit in terms of FPS but it WILL raise your VAS a lot and for me I get OOM's because of it.

Maybe a mod could remove the double post. AVSIM hiccupped while I was posting and I thought it had vanished. At any rate you can see the value of editing :P Same idea, fewer words.

Agree with Ron 100% UHDT really hits you in the VAS. Since I scaled back to 2048 textures my OOM errors are very few and far between.

No double post? Wow. I really need to stop drunk posting. I'm seeing double.

I don't know what VAS is. If I had never had problems with OOM using any 4096 textures, then I suppose there is no reason not to use them, huh?

The reason this comes up is because I happened to read about 4096 textures not being a good idea or at least hitting your performance from three or four different places in about a week's time. I had never given it much thought, but figured I would ask the experts around here. If it isn't hitting my FPS or smoothness, then I guess there is a free lunch! (As long as there are no OOM issues.) Back to 4096 cloud textures for ASN, and take another look at the drool-worthy Coolsky DC-9 UHDT VC McPhat has available. (Boy, I would love to see a graphics update for the Super 80 Pro.)