Sign in to follow this  

Nice default places to fly while waiting for addons?

Perhaps someone could use the simdirect and make me some Aerocache's of the day. Um, whats that remind ya of. :)

0BPsiDT.png

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Perhaps someone could use the simdirect and make me some Aerocache's of the day. Um, whats that remind ya of. :)

Good times.

Perhaps someone could use the simdirect and make me some Aerocache's of the day.

Here's a few days worth.  Get screen shots of...

The Taj Mahal

The Sphinx with the Pyramids in the background

Mount Rushmore

Old Faithful geyser

The Statue of Liberty

Where It All Started:  where Meigs Field used to be.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Where It All Started:  where Meigs Field used to be.

Before my mind got to the colon I was thinking First Flight in North Carolina and the Wright Brothers. Need to go check that in P3D, as in FSX it's all flat and looks a little silly. I changed it in FSX and I might pull that little snippet out and add it to the library.

Before my mind got to the colon I was thinking First Flight in North Carolina and the Wright Brothers. Need to go check that in P3D, as in FSX it's all flat and looks a little silly. I changed it in FSX and I might pull that little snippet out and add it to the library.

Me too. Would appreciate it if you made it available in the library!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I was thinking First Flight in North Carolina and the Wright Brothers

I figured Meigs Field would resonate more with flight simmers.  :D

If I remember correctly, the airport near First Flight was supposed to be high definition, but when I visited it on my around-the-world-tour-of-everything-of-interest my notes read, "Does not appear to be high definition."

A few more "aerocaches" to add:

The single stone face on Easter Island.  Bonus if you find more than one; I sure couldn't.

Sydney Opera House

Pretty much all of London.  Ok, narrow it down to Big Ben.

Thanks to FLEX1978 for this one:  The Golden Gate Bridge.  Inverted.  In a 747.  External screen shot.  Admit it, you've done it before.

Stonehenge.  That thing is TINY!

The Denali base camp, just to see if it's there in P3D.  I found it in Microsoft Flight.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I've loaded Meigs the freeware version, really good it is too. You have to rekindle that first flight in FSX where it was simply unflyable with any realistic level of autogen back in the day. Watching the skyline inch past a frame at a time was, well history.

It's also nice to hear that many are going back to navigation and not following behind magenta. I used to love drawing my route on paper charts with my protractor. Unfortunately, Im going to be away from my PC until the new year so all the fun you guys are having is making me very jealous and I'm actually having huge withdrawal symptoms.

I've loaded Meigs the freeware version, really good it is too. 

Where is this freeware version?  I earned my flight sim wings doing touch and go's for hours at Meigs in FS95

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

If anyone please could try this short flight in P3D in post some images it would be nice , just to see what this area looks like . I dotn have P3D yet :-).....

ng58uo.jpg

Image removed as image is no longer available.

If anyone please could try this short flight in P3D in post some images it would be nice , just to see what this area looks like . I dotn have P3D yet :-).....

I didn't fly it as I just got done a flight but I did quickly go there and take a shot from about midway through..

uiGFIN0.jpg

I didn't fly it as I just got done a flight but I did quickly go there and take a shot from about midway through..

uiGFIN0.jpg

nice thanks alot styckx ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Where is this freeware version? I earned my flight sim wings doing touch and go's for hours at Meigs in FS95

I got mine from flightsim.com just search their file library for Meigs. Lost count of the number number of circuits I've done round town in FS9. :)

There is nothing more fun and satisfying than finding your destination using triangulation only and with no VOR nearby! And it isn't hard at all, as it may seem. Simply put: you just pick one radial to fly on and then use another to show you when you've reached your destination. Big fun.

If "no VOR nearby", how can you pick one radial to fly on? Didn't you mean if there is a VOR nearby?

Great link about ourairports.mobi by the way, especially if looking for nearby airports.

Thanks

Another place I just flew through. I'm pleasantly surprised how well the Cascades are without Orbx.. Add in some fog and it's a dream space.

RxgF9my.jpg