Sign in to follow this  
red259

FSL Airrbus vs Airbus Extended X

The comparison between the AXE and the FSL A320 is surely just stupid. The AXE is designed for the middle of the road hobby simmer where the FSL as I understand it is designed for those who want total functionality, and more importantly like the MJC DH8D, they have commercial customers in mind as a training product.

So totally different markets.

Just a thought

Craig

Honestly, asking for comparative opinions to a product that doesn't exist yet is like asking "which is the better team, the 2013 Denver Broncos or the 2017 Washington Druglords?"

Tread lightly when you talk about the Druglords.......signed Walter White.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Tread lightly when you talk about the Druglords.......signed Walter White.

Is that what they call the Heisenberg Principle?

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I have been watching the FSL website for info about their upcoming airbus and it looks like something I would like. However, there is no real eta on that plane and its difficult to tell if it will be out next month or in 2015! Given this I am really tempted to the the AXE. I know some of the reviews upon release talked about bugs. Has the plane been patched? I understand it won't be at the level of pmdg, but will it be a huge let down after pmdg quality? From the youtubes I have seen of it, it looks like an interesting plane. Should I pull the trigger on it while its on sale? 

YES!

The AXE is, in my opinion, as good as the NGX.   It doesn't cover things like failures or non-standard ops, but for normal operations, heck it really does fly just like an A320/21.

It also offers some things that you don't get with PMDG;  like a Captain / FO voice set, checklist system, custom view system, etc, etc.

It's an absolute classic.    Just get it.

I fly PMDG NGX, 777 and FSL Concorde X exclusively.

Call that a snobbery if you like. :smile:

It's not snobbery at all........ :smile: ....... it's just you losing out on some amazing aircraft add-ons.

YES!

The AXE is, in my opinion, as good as the NGX.   It doesn't cover things like failures or non-standard ops, but for normal operations, heck it really does fly just like an A320/21.

It also offers some things that you don't get with PMDG;  like a Captain / FO voice set, checklist system, custom view system, etc, etc.

It's not snobbery at all........ :smile: ....... it's just you losing out on some amazing aircraft add-ons.

I don't own the AXE but I think this is a very important point.  In all of my flight simming I very rarely if ever fly with failures enabled (except for time based failures in PMDG products) or use the Abnormal checklists so I am thinking this will meet the needs of most flight simmers.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Dave do you fly the T7?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Dave do you fly the T7?

I was up at midnight and bought it the day (night? :smile:) it came out and flew it for a few days solid, David, but it just doesn't capture my imagination and it's well over a month since I flew it.     No complaints at all about the product itself, it is simply that the 777 is not an aircraft that has ever captured my imagination and I find the flight experience just a bit dull in the sim.

so basically, poor purchasing decision by me, rather than there being anything wrong with it.

YES!

Hey Dave, I really do enjoy seeing your enthusiasm for the AXE, but sometimes those posts come across as slightly misleading.

The axe only simulates the aircraft on a simplified level, and I'm not talking about the lack of failures or non normal ops, the system logic and behaviour has a huge amount missing.

To put it another way, if someone was to jump seat on an A320 with no knowledge of the aircraft then fly the AXE, they would say this addon behaves like the real thing.

But for anyone that understands the aircraft in depth, or is looking to study the FCOM the AXE unfortunately doesn't cut it.

It is an amazing addon in its own right, and the immersion is beautiful, I have no regrets buying it to test, unfortunately for now it will sit in a virtual hanger.

Rob Prest

OK Dave, I fly almost nothing else. Love it.

I will buy the FSLabs 320 when it comes out. Just have to.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I was up at midnight and bought it the day (night? :smile:) it came out and flew it for a few days solid, David, but it just doesn't capture my imagination and it's well over a month since I flew it.     No complaints at all about the product itself, it is simply that the 777 is not an aircraft that has ever captured my imagination and I find the flight experience just a bit dull in the sim.

so basically, poor purchasing decision by me, rather than there being anything wrong with it.

Its hard to believe you imagination is not captured when in cruise for 12 hours  :P .  I also have the T7 but find it a bit boring given how computerized it is and how long the typical flight tend to be.

Mark W   CYYZ      

Flights are as long as you want them to me.
KJFK-KIAD
KLAS-KPHX
KPHX-LAX

yer 12 hours :rolleyes:

Hey Dave, I really do enjoy seeing your enthusiasm for the AXE, but sometimes those posts come across as slightly misleading.

The axe only simulates the aircraft on a simplified level, and I'm not talking about the lack of failures or non normal ops, the system logic and behaviour has a huge amount missing.

To put it another way, if someone was to jump seat on an A320 with no knowledge of the aircraft then fly the AXE, they would say this addon behaves like the real thing.

But for anyone that understands the aircraft in depth, or is looking to study the FCOM the AXE unfortunately doesn't cut it.

It is an amazing addon in its own right, and the immersion is beautiful, I have no regrets buying it to test, unfortunately for now it will sit in a virtual hanger.

I hear you Rob and respect your view.

But I think misleading is a strong word and personally I think it just depends on a person's individual standpoint or starting point in looking at the AXE.    I have been observing and respecting your knowledge on the A3XX for years now, so I am not surprised that you would look a little 'harder' at the AXE's functionality compared to the real aircraft, as compared to someone coming at it from a less deep starting point.

To me;   Does it broadly offer a FBW simulation (eg auto-trimming and EP - CHECK), does it offer 'speed by pitch' modes rather than using things like the default FSX autothrottle (as the original Airbus X did) - CHECK, does it broadly offer a MANAGED versus OPEN function on lateral and vertical navigation - CHECK, Is the data presented on the PFD, ND etc broadly comparable to what you'd see on the real aircraft - CHECK.        Is the start up procedure broadly realistic in terms of normal flows and function - CHECK.   (Granted there's no modelling of things like a higher than normal EGT having any consequence).

I completely stand by my suggestion that  -  in normal operation and flow - the AXE performs at an appropriate level for me to describe it how I did above.

But   - for perfectly understandable reasons -  I wouldn't expect you to see it like this.

It's natural that person A does not consider the same definition of a product as person B. 

Dave, don't get me wrong, I think it is a great addon and they achieved exactly what they intended to achieve. The aircraft has a huge amount of detail & that's why I suggested the OP should go out and purchase.

It's just that he mentioned FSLABS etc so it seems like he is looking for that bit more detail.

From what I understand the majestic dash 8 is just a basic verion? (Although highly detailed)

I see the AXE in the same way, plenty to keep you busy until a study level version is available.

Rob Prest

The Majestic Q400 isn't really basic;   it's about as fully functional as the NGX.....   the extra features that will come with the PRO and TRAINING versions are things like shared cockpit and other advanced simulation aspects, rather than reflecting the complexity of the aircraft itself. 

Based upon the feedback I think I will end up purchasing the AXE, especially given the price while it is on sale (I would never pay pmdg amounts for a plane that was not top level, but the AXE is reasonably priced imo). I will probably get fs2crew to go along with it to add to the immersion. If FSL said they were going to release their airbus in the next several weeks then I would just wait it out. However, there is no clear time frame on that release and I can not assume that it will be anytime in the immediate future. When the FSL airbus comes out I will take a look at the feedback and if it is a top notch simulation I will get it. 

I have not simulated failures yet with the ngx or 777, although I will start doing so with the 737 since I am picking up ngx emergency. For the time being I am looking for as advanced of a simulation of an airbus that I can currently find on the market which seems to be the AXE. I like to fully master normal operations in a plane before going into abnormal procedures. Someone mentioned the Dash 8 and I have that plane and enjoy it. Another selling point to me is that aerosoft has followed up on the release with patches and updates. This is something I look at with companies. If a company is going to stand by their product and work to improve it after release I find that to be a positive. If a company is going to release something with bugs and not address those issues then that is not a product I want to invest my money in.