Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Allensworth

Video Discussion: Microsoft Flight Simulator History Movie (with music)

Name: Microsoft Flight Simulator History Movie (with music)

Category: FS Historic Videos

Date Added: 20 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

Submitter: Tom Allensworth

Short Description: None Provided

This is the most complete video about the legendary flight simulation program. The movie describing whole evolution of the Microsoft Flight Simulator. It includes clips from all released versions from subLOGIC Demo (1979) to Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Acceleration. Unfortunately, some music had to be removed due to copyright issue!

See no music version:

View Video

I remember well these videos and how MS Flight Simulator evolved to where it is today. This is something everyone that is new to the simulator because they really don't know exactly how it has evolved to the present. Thanks to all that took the time and effort to bring this part of the history of the simulator that all love to fly today.  :yahoo: These videos took me way back when I first started the flights on my Apple IIE with 64 K of ram. It is amazing on how far we have come today and this is what I was hoping for all these years.

Thank you Tom for putting the video on Avsim  for all to see.

Les H  :hi:

I remember seeing one of these, don't know which one in a computer store as a kid and being amazed. I left and walked down the street thinking of how it would be to fly above city streets and actually see trees and cars and maybe even people.

I knew it was impossible, of course. Even multimillion military simulators didn't have processing power like that.....................

Great video!

Thx for the link Tom! Nostalgic !!!