Sign in to follow this  
neilbradley1

Functions not present

I have the 737 NGX 800/900 installed from the Aerosoft DVD. I recently had to re-install FSX due to many problems. Today I tried a flight in the NGX but although I was able to do a circuit the following functions were not available. The speed and altitude values not visible although the  selected speed and level values were indicated on the PFD. The FMC accepted the route but it was not displayed on the ND. On the 'Options/Ground Connections' page in the FMC, only the 'Set Chocks' function was available, the others were greyed out. Do I need to re-install the NGX?

Neil Bradley

On the 'Options/Ground Connections' page in the FMC, only the 'Set Chocks' function was available, the others were greyed out.

You need to set the chocks before you can use the ground functions. Hence the reason they are grayed out...

The speed and altitude values not visible although the selected speed and level values were indicated on the PFD.

How about a screenshot of the problem. If you are using VNAV and it is active, the speed window is going to be blank.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The FMC accepted the route but it was not displayed on the ND.

Did you activate the route?

I'd suggest going through the tutorial and seeing if everything works following that.

Guys, I re-tried the flight and Kenny's advice re the ground connections and that is solved. Yes I activated the flight plan. I have attached a screenshot and you will see that on the PFD the speed, altitude, heading, and FD areas are blacked out. On the ND the runway centreline and heading are not shown and on the EFIS again values are blacked out. Any clues now?

Neil Bradley

post-130429-0-05844800-1387841463.png

I don't know about the DVD version but have you inserted the license code?

The picture is tiny... so looks like the fonts are mucked up somewhere.  Do a search I know many users have had font issues.