Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedScroop

Can I ask about x-plane and Avsim ?

Dear Pilots, 

Its been several years since I was flying online. back in 2007 I used FSX and it was pretty darn hard to fially get online, but worth all the trouble. Ive clock up lots of hours in cessnas despite not having a licence. Almost went down between Toowoomba and Lismore one day. 

Well I just purchased X-plane 9, just liked what i had read about it. I have forgotten everything i knew about getting FSX online, Im hoping to get some help here how to get X-plane 9 online with avsim /.vatpac.  Am i in the right forum or can you suggest elsewhwere if i am in the wrong place?

Thank you for reading, Mike.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Help Using the AVSIM Forums" to "The X-Plane General Discussions Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi Mike,

welocome to the AVSIM X-plane forums!

Well, I guess this is a good place to serach for interesting info regarding X-plane, although most of us are now on X-Plane 10... I myself can't helpyou with any X-Plane 9 related questions because I n«don't own it :-/, but I am almost sure other users are still using X-plane 9 too.

any advice on how to quickly get x-plane 9 online with VATSIM/VATPAC ?  AND WHERE DO I FIND MY VATSIM ID Please ?

looks like i broke a rule or two. i had an account years ago on vatsim and then another, They are suspended permanently or deleted. I cant use either of them and have not a clue why????????????????

Apparently Vatsim strictly prohibits obtaining a new Vatsim id for someone who used to have one before. This can apparently get you in trouble.

You are going to have to contact them and see what happens.

http://membership.vatsim.net/user/

thx, i have written them. i have no idea what i accomplished to get suspended other than the fact i have 2 id's. but i have a feeling i got suspended then rejoined. still am left wondering what could have been so serious. ?

they must be hard to forgive 4 whatever it was !!!

IIRC I think your account is suspended automatically when unused after a certain lapse of time.

Vatsim HR will reactivate it upon request.

For XP9 help in particular your best bet is over at the Org (x-plane.org) as the forum here at AvSim really only took off after XP10 appeared and as such very few still use (or have ever used) XP9.