Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Do any REX4 water textures eliminate/reduce starlight reflections?

I'm using default P3DV2 water and this is what I see.   This screen print had saturation enhanced to bring out the issue a little more than unedited.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

post-101053-0-27000100-1388988254.jpg

Thanks in advance for your report ;o)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No they don't. The only thing that works is to turn cloud reflections to off.

I think it has been listed as a issue to look at in 2.1

No they don't. The only thing that works is to turn cloud reflections to off.

I think it has been listed as a issue to look at in 2.1

Yes I hope they deal w/ that as the earth's surface has a heck of a lot of water on it!  Maybe they can improve water texture quality & lose the starlight all in one shot.   Apparently creating awesome water is much more difficult that one might have expected.

Did FSX ever had stars at night? Don't ever recall seeing them.

Did FSX ever had stars at night? Don't ever recall seeing them.

Yes it does Aaron...

Yes it does Aaron...

Interesting as I also never noticed them.  They must just be much more subtle...

Yup, they are quite suptle, but definitely there...