Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noonan123

2 very important question! One about descent rate problem, one about an addon.

Howdy!

Descent rate - Okay, so, I recently downloaded iFDG A319-111 EZY, it was easyjet.. obviously by the EZY lol, however! My descent rate and even climb rate are so slow it is unreal, I have my autopilot on, and ATC will tell me the usual "descend and maintain _____" so I will then I constantly get old by ATC to descend "please expedite your descent to _____".  It gets to the point where I have to switch off the altitude hold button and descend the aircraft myself, which I do not want to do when I am also trying to prepare aircraft for landing.

Should I maybe delete and reinstall the whole game? Or just the addon I downloaded? Oh also, I have tried all the methods, I have had flaps at 40 degrees, I have had the speed right down and nothing, the autopilot still descends at a tremendously slow rate!!

Addon - Okay, here is my second question lol! Does anybody knows any good Easyjet addons that are flyable, that maybe also have the cockpit view that normal FS planes have (where you can look left and see the other seat etc) Airbus would be preferred as Easyjet mainly fly airbus lol! 

Thank you so much, even if you can only answer one it is fine and greatly appreciated! 

Noonan123

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Adjust your Vertical Speed manually.  Go for about -1800ft/min and ATC will never rush you again.

Although I use FLCH more than VS, I agree with Groovin that when using ATC with MSFS, 1800ft/min is the sweet spot.

Mitch

Addon

AirSimmer from Flight1

Descent Rate

Proper Flight Planning - PFPX, vroute etc.

Proper Loading - Topcat

Proper ATC - Radar Contact, Pro Flight Emulator Deluxe

Proper Weather - FS Global Real Weather, Active Sky, Rex

Proper Navigation - NavDataPro or Navigraph

Proper Charts - Navigraph

Read, Read, Read.

Understand, Understand, Understand.

Then Google "descent rate" or just follow the advice given by Grooving and PebbleBeach ... or your own 'seat-of-the-pants.'

Most of all.  Have fun. :lol: