Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Berlin Scenery Generation

This excellent news!  The buildings will be more varied and true to real ones.  Looking forward to it.  Thanks for investing the time and efforts Tony.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Very Neat!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

It's a completely new app I'm writing. It's does a similar thing to OSM2XP, but includes support for many things OSM2XP can't do, which basically means it can create nicer scenery. 

Technical details are here http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/6388-xp-scenery-generator-wip, but in summary:

1) Supports building and roof colors straight from OSM. If set, buildings will match the correct color, height and material

2) Support for complex forests and buildings with holes inside them. Also, super large forests joined together inside relations. In summary, all the forests that OSM2XP couldn't render

3) Advanced condition support. OSM2XP only allowed you to configure one object for one tag. This app lets you do multiple tags and advanced conditions. So, in summary you can do things like show different types of forests based on info in OSM, and also change the textures of buildings based on their areas.

4) Resume support. You can stop generation and continue later on without restarting

I want to also support the following:

1) Exclusions which fit tile boundaries exactly. Previously, if you generated two neighbouring countries separately, the exclusion zone of one would hide the buildings and forests in the other if they were on the same tile (gps coordinates). 

2) More advanced filters, e.g. Detecting if an object is round, or if it is inside a residential zone, etc..

Looks like X-Plane and this tool will combine to be the killer flight sim!

Simply amazing! I'll be looking forward to hear of its release.  For me, it would  have to be pretty user friendly. I'm not good with the technical stuff.  :smile: