Sign in to follow this  
Scott58

Repaint request!

That Mohawk livery is Sweet! I've caught the repaint "bug" and while I wait for the P3D patch to come out, I'll try and work on some more. The Delta repaint is on hold for now, I've started working on a Central Mountain Air scheme. Should be quick to finish.

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

Sometimes I loose faith in humanity....I received this lovely email today about the Great Lakes repaint I uploaded:

Aberta Baldwin abertabaldwin@________.com
2:54 PM (16 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
What is this N122UX ????. We think the last one you got wrong also, if it was you. Have to have the right reg #s or we cant youse it. What is N122UX ? That's not in there fleet. Not even previously/history wise. If this was deliberate the state that in the document or write ficticious so we don't waste time investigating and can move on down the list/thanks.

Great Lakes Airlines Beechcraft B1900D (N122UX)
by Matt Wohlford
URL: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=182491

Seriously?

First of all it is a real N number used by Great Lakes

Second of all, this guy actually spent the time to email me and say that I was deliberately misleading him? ...and who is "We" ???

I don't know, maybe it's not worth doing repaints. Especially when you get feedback like this. Anyway, I emailed him back with a few choice words.
Sorry to vent - I just had to get that off my chest.

Sometimes I loose faith in humanity....I received this lovely email today about the Great Lakes repaint I uploaded:

Aberta Baldwin abertabaldwin@________.com
2:54 PM (16 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
What is this N122UX ????. We think the last one you got wrong also, if it was you. Have to have the right reg #s or we cant youse it. What is N122UX ? That's not in there fleet. Not even previously/history wise. If this was deliberate the state that in the document or write ficticious so we don't waste time investigating and can move on down the list/thanks.

Great Lakes Airlines Beechcraft B1900D (N122UX)

by Matt Wohlford

URL: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=182491

Seriously?

First of all it is a real N number used by Great Lakes

Second of all, this guy actually spent the time to email me and say that I was deliberately misleading him? ...and who is "We" ???

I don't know, maybe it's not worth doing repaints. Especially when you get feedback like this. Anyway, I emailed him back with a few choice words.
Sorry to vent - I just had to get that off my chest.

If it means anything Matt, I love your paint. The attention to detail and the quaility is truly remarkable (especially getting the stripe around the nose perfectly). I've already completed 2-3 flights with it.

Don't let the ignorance of one person ruin it for yourself and the entire community.

And to the rest of the painters: Keep the great paints coming! There are people out there who really appreciate your hard work that you CHOOSE to share with the rest of the community.

Thank you!!!

-From a dedicated 15 year simmer

Don't let the bottom-dwellers get to you, the rest of us appreciate your work!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I know that feeling Matt...

I got a similar email, telling me that I got the reg wrong, I got an extra G or N cant recall, but as simple to remove it from the txt, not even on the repaint but the text for the cfg, Not even a thank you for your time.

I working on the silver livery and I'm done...

After I finish the Mesa livery I'm working on, I'll try to make a Delta.

You can find the blank psd files in the simobjects/airplanes/carenado1900/texture folder.

Repainting is fun! And therapeutic! ;)

Thanks! 

Hi there.  Anybody want to take a shot at doing the B1900 in the colors of my Twin Otter.  If so let me know and I can send the paint file along to you.

post-288324-0-18458900-1391878322.jpg

airplaneguru84

photo-thumb-143351.jpg?_r=1386989622

I think the B1900 would look good with this paint. Would love to have it in my hanger with my Twin Otter. If I was a painter I would do it but not a photo shop guy. You know anybody that might want to tackle a paint on this one. Not a real airline but nice colors for sure. 

post-288324-0-10496700-1391920996.jpg

I think the B1900 would look good with this paint. Would love to have it in my hanger with my Twin Otter. If I was a painter I would do it but not a photo shop guy. You know anybody that might want to tackle a paint on this one. Not a real airline but nice colors for sure. 

Hi Bigsky,

At this point I will have to pass - the layering and graphics on that repaint is pretty advanced, and I'm not there yet with Photoshop. I've also been trying to focus on real world aircraft for the time being. There are others who might take a shot at it though.

Airplaneguru84

If you could slip in an USAir Express livery I would be great-full.

The red, white and blue version.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.