Sign in to follow this  
Scott58

Repaint request!

Thanks for all the incredible paint jobs from you repainters. They really make these models come alive!!

Keep up the great work.

-Bob

airplaneguru84,

Just downloaded some of your textures.  Awesome work and thank you very much.  The B1900 is now the only airplane I want to fly and your textures make it that much more enjoyable.  You are very good at what you do please don't get discouraged by the idiots out there.

Thanks again,

cbreeze

Greetings,

Can someone please help me?  I am pulling my hair out trying to down load two textures.  I have been trying to download the Mohawk and Labador textures.  I admit I haven't done this in a while but was able to figure out how to do it successfully one time.  I got it to work once but somehow the preview was a combination of both textures.  I deleted the files and tried again with no success.  I have done this many times focusing on just the Mohawk texture.  I download the texture, copy and paste it into the correct Carenado B1900 folder, rename it then make the necessary change in the Carenado aircraft config file making sure the numbers are the same in the series.  I then open FSX but the aircraft texture does not appear.  After a couple of hours of this I am at a loss and pulling my hair out.  It has to be something simple I am not catching.    I sure would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

cbreeze 

Disregard the above post.  I wasn't going to let this kick my butt and figured out what was wrong.  Another line in the cfg needed to be changed and it loads fine now and looks great.

Thanks again for the great job on the repaint.

cbreeze

Thanks for the kind words everyone - its appreciated.

Midwest Connect is being uploaded to the Library right now. Should be available shortly. I might be taking a short break from the paintbrush - not sure yet. I need to find a livery that gets me excited.

2014-2-18_9-32-3-363_zps8a613882.png

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

Ok - this is new for me. Trying some complex tail art. I'm not sure if this will ever see the light of day - but I wanted to get some feedback.

As you know Great Lakes did this to some of their planes - I had to take some artistic liberty as I was not going to be able to find the exact skier or mountain background. Its still in pretty rough shape. But I think it adds a little "snap" to the relatively boring great lakes scheme. This one might take awhile if ever. Lots of things to change and adjust - so don't look to hard.

2014-2-18_14-23-2-584_zpse50f98fa.png

Looks pretty good but IMO that particular advertisement would look more natural on the Mesa Airlines tail. I live in Illinois and that combination just doesn't feel right but then again that might simply be due to the fact that I am sick of winter. :) Me thinks that something more midwest or Great Lakes would be better. BTW the Mesa livery is a real eye popper. Keep up the great work.

cbreeze

Looks pretty good but IMO that particular advertisement would look more natural on the Mesa Airlines tail. I live in Illinois and that combination just doesn't feel right but then again that might simply be due to the fact that I am sick of winter. :) Me thinks that something more midwest or Great Lakes would be better. BTW the Mesa livery is a real eye popper. Keep up the great work.

cbreeze

Thanks for the input cbreeze.

Great Lakes airlines is actually based out of Cheyenne WY with a couple of hubs all in western states. Doesn't make much sense, huh?

Here's a photo of the real deal. The skier is different, but other than that pretty similar.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Great-Lakes-Airlines/Beech-1900D/1351717/&sid=66ca21e825f9cf32333b4cb713481502

After my post I looked up Great Lakes airlines and saw a number of aircraft with decorated tails mostly all advertising western locations. It grows on you and definitely spruses up a rather bland paint scheme. I am still sick of winter.

:)

Could someone try a Northwest Airlink fictional livery?  They had the Saab 340,, but not he 1900.  However, my VA has authorized us to use this great aircraft in place of the Saab 340, especially since there isn't a payware one available for FSX.  I have attached this link for the old Saab 340 livery.  

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-Airlink-(Mesaba/Saab-340B-Plus/2297044/&sid=54743acc689f61a8ab91e48aed37be4d

+1. I was actually going to request that. I remember a few years ago someone made me a Northwest repaint for the PMDG 1900- the Airlink livery looked great on it.

By the way, Matt, THANK YOU so much for the Midwest repaint! It's beautifully done. It's one I've been hoping for for a while.