Sign in to follow this  
Jocko Flocko

J4100 Flashing Cockpit 2D Polygon

Yeah, so I purchased this aircraft tonight thinking I would be purchasing a quality product as it's a PMDG aircraft. I load up the plane, enter the serial and all is well, go into the virtual cockpit and emanating from the center of the dash is what appears to be a flashing something or other, it's hard to explain. I did a Google search and this issue dates ***BACK TO 2010???*** The solution is to disable the icing effects by selecting medium quality cockpit? Huh? One of the the selling points for me for this aircraft was/is the icing effects on the windshield.

Is this acceptable? Please tell me I haven't just wasted money on this software?

Andrew Walker

Andrew Walker

usually when this happens to me  I just exit  the sim and reload  and it disappears has happened  for  awhile guess its how  fsx loads up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well the issue seems to have strangely sorted itself out by disabling the icing effects with the external config, starting a session with FSX, exiting and then re-enabling the icing effetcs with the config application. Great aircraft, I just need to learn to be careful with these powerful turbine engines as they can very easily be "melted" to a crisp. :O

Andrew Walker

Andrew Walker

Purchased and installed today: I had the exact same effect...after using the config manager disappeared.

Maybe to add to the manual...

Regards,

Frank

It happens frequently with me too - often when I go into one of the menus. I sort it out by going into one of the menus again, or minimising the screen then maximising it. It's frustrating, but I usually sort it out in a couple of minutes. You can of course exit & restart but you lose most of the saved aircraft state!

As has already been mentioned if you experience a flickering screen or other odd visual artefacts, this is caused by your graphics card not supporting the ice visualization technology utilized in the virtual cockpit.

The permanent fix is disabled in-cockpit icing effects by opening the PMDG Jetstream 41 Configuration Manager and selecting Virtual Cockpit Model Options to Medium or Low. Unfortunately, this means users will need to switch to external views to check for ice accumulation on the airframe.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Y would like to hear the oficial apologize of one of the pmdg members, the PMDG Bae is a lovely airplane but the icing effects are a very important part of the flight on the jetstream. I can't believe how PMDG, (the best of the best) is not working on a fix for this frustrating issue, i think PMDG can not forget this issue because they are on the top of the developers, i think they are the kings and their products should be the most perfect as is possible but this issue is not a minor issue, and it should be on the first place to be fixed.