Sign in to follow this  
zeddock

My Next Add-On...

Perfer photo-scenery myself, but some like it and others do not like flatness. UTX is decent buy and gex too. Orbx too but I leery of thier sdk methods not artistic talent. Still, lots of variety, but try blue sky first to if you like photoscenery it as it free. MSE 2 only reason I use FSX for now till p3d becomes 64bit..

I installed Global.

Then Rex4

Then Vector

Then updated Global to 1.20

There seems to be some overlap and I am not at all sure of how to use them.

I am relying completely on FSUIPC4 now for the controllers.

I installed a Cessna 150 as that is what I am flying for training now.

How do I know if Rex4 is working properly and with Global? Also since there is not yet a region for me around Morgantown, WV, I am on the basic one, though I see some things within FTX that suggest it loaded other things.

Everything looks better but I would like some sort of dashboard to show what overides what!  Maybe one will work better at some things than the other?

I see two other add-ons that might help:  Linda seems to be a better dashboard than the native FSUIPC4, but I do not know if it will conflict with anything.

Also, a suggestion of using Addit! Pro: Aircraft & Add-on Manager/Installer for FSX.  Has anyone here experience with this?  WOuld it help me to know what add-ons are functioning?  Would it conflict with the other things I have going?

Thanx so much for all of the help here!

zeddock

I have in order of first at the top of the detail pile:

Orbx airports - high detail airports (generally requires regions, except for the global freeware ones)
Orbx regions - another level of detail on top of Global (has mesh, landclass and lots of details, doesn't need anything else)
FS Global and Vector - this gives me coverage outside of Orbx regions
Various landclass add ons, some global some country specific
FS Genesis meshes, one of many mesh providers

Hans!

You have been a big help. Thank you.

I am looking now at the FS Genisis mesh add-on you suggested.

I have found a WV mesh here.

Is this going to corrupt or displace what I have installed with Orbx and Rex4?  or does this add to it?

Thanx!

zeddock

I installed Global.
Then Rex4
Then Vector
Then updated Global to 1.20

There seems to be some overlap and I am not at all sure of how to use them.

What makes you believe that they interfere with each other? In principle FTXG, Vector and REX4 should not interfere with each other:

REX is sky, water and cloud textures, as well as runway, taxiway and apron textures.

FTXG is ground replacement textures and autogen (to a certain extent)

FTX Vector is more accurate placement of roads, rivers, coastlines etc.

BTW, meshes are elevation data, so as long as you do not have any products installed that have their own mesh (e.g. FTX regions) or dedicated mesh products like Pilot's FSGlobal, you will not observe any interferences, either.

So they do three completely different jobs. If you think that there are some issues, this is of course possible, but it might help to show images to illustrate you problem. In cases such as this one, pictures are often the easiest way to identify a possible problem.

Just the terminology like lights and other settings.  But you are likely right.

I installed this... or tried... but it looks like only a FS 2004 product?  Also, I cannot figure out how to use it once installed.

zeddock

Perfer photo-scenery myself, but some like it and others do not like flatness. UTX is decent buy and gex too. Orbx too but I leery of thier sdk methods not artistic talent. Still, lots of variety, but try blue sky first to if you like photoscenery it as it free. MSE 2 only reason I use FSX for now till p3d becomes 64bit..

Are you talking about this

I see some very concerning posts about them here:

Orbx Scenery for US, just adds detail you'll like.

A2A 172

Rex + a weather add on like Opus 

G-Plan (freeware) so you know where you are and what the airspace around you looks like if you care.

OK. I am progressing and wonder....  Which weather engine should I add to Rex4/Orbx to allow me to fly in weather that does a good job at mimmicing what is happening in real time at the airport?

I think:

1. OPUS.

2. Rex weather... but it looks like it is not yet released!

3. Anything else?

Thanx!

zeddock

try the trial version of  asn you cant go wrong

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

try the trial version of  asn you cant go wrong

"Wrong" is feeling kinda relative right now. 

ASN is looking pretty impressive as I open it, but it bombs pretty quickly with the "ASN cannot control ambent weather parameters correctly,..."

I am reading about the error and trying to fix it, but it seems to really want me to open up all of the securtiy and change a bunch of stuff just to work.  I am nervous about that. Any thoughts?

Thanx!

zeddock

UPDATE:

I have been able to make it work by starting them as Admin and adding the files to my Antivirus program.  But now it is failing when I try to start FSX.

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with third-party software programm (add-on):

Name: AS Connect

Version: 1.0.0.8

File: as_srv\as_btstrp.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

???

zeddock

Guest Mik75

I use ASN and FSGRW (amazing local weather effects for some airports like LPMA, LOWI, etc.) as weather injectors and EZDOK for the head movement and the different views.