Sign in to follow this  
ludwigkessler

Bex error advice please

Hiya all,

I have been getting this error for a while - not usually a problem because it normally happens when I attempt to shut down FSX, but it also occurs when I change the aircraft, ie from the iFly 737 to another aircraft type.

However, I have recently purchased SEA's Checklist Manager for the iFly, and the way of loading this means I have to select the ifly of my choice - the 737-800 widescreen version - after already loading the iFly 737-800 normal screen version which the checklist opens by default.  When I select the widescreen version, I then get the error which causes FSX to crash.  The error is as follows:-

Description

Faulting Application Path:   E:\Program Files\fsx.exe

Problem Signature

Problem Event Name     BEX

Application Name         fsx.exe

Application version         10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp   46fadb14

Fault Module Name        FS2CrewIFly737.GAU_unloaded

Fault Module Version      0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp  52ddee79

Exception Offset              60f3e1f0

Exception Code               c0000005

Exception Date                00000008

OS Version                      6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID                         2057

Extra information about the problem

LCID                                2057

So, at the moment I am unable to use the checklist program.  Is there anything I can try that will fix this?  The reason I bought the checklist is for those times when I wish to do the whole startup and button switching myself instead of the FO doing it all the time in FS2Crew.

Thanks

Rory

Hiya Bryan,

Sorry, I have the latest version, 2.3 and before that updated to 2.2. Think my original version is 2.1, purchased it around christmas time or just after.

Rory

And this probably only happened after you tried running the SEA's Checklist Manager.

Does that program modify the Panel CFG file at all?

And why does it make you load the normal panel first?  

Are you using saved situation files?  If so, don't.  The trike should always be the default aircraft.

Cheers,

Actually, I have been having this same error before I even bought the checklist manager. It wasn't a problem before, as I said, because it normally does it when closing FSX, or when changing aircraft, and usually I don't change aircraft.

I'm unsure if it modifies the panel cfg file and will try to find out.  The checklist manager program is loaded via the learning centre,  and it just opens the 737-800 with the normal panel first but as to why, I don't know but it does tell you that when starting the program and says to load the aircraft of your choice once the program has loaded up.  I am not loading any saved situations either.

If its unfixable then I'll just stick with FS2Crew as I really like it!  I will try uninstalling then reinstalling the FS2Crew version I originally bought and see what happens, I can't remember if this problem started after upgrading to version 2.2 or not.

Thanks.

Rory

Do you use or have FSINN installed?  I was seeing the same exact errors - on shutdown of FSX only too.  I removed the FSInn stuff from my dll.xml as I haven't flown online for a while and since doing that I have not had a single BEX error.  I believe it's FSCopilot.dll that is the entry that goes into the dll.xml file but I can't remember now.  Hopefully someone else can confirm that?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thanks for the input Klamal.  I do not have FSINN installed.  Just been doing some experimenting.  Uninstalled FS2Crew then reinstalled my original version, which was 1.6, the BEX error doesn't happen in this version, and I can use the checklist manager.  The problem starts with update version 2.2,and is still happening in update versions 2.3 and 2.4.  Not sure if I should have installed an earlier update than 2.2 but 2.2 was the next available one I saw to install.

Rory

Ok, thanks Bryan.  Just a thought though, as I've tried this too, I know little about gau files, but I have all updates installed up to version 2.4 but I have put the gau file from version 1.6 back in and it works, but does doing this basically make the updates useless?