Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Milviz compatibility with V2.1 vs V2.0

Next time, I will ask via pm.

That would have avoided at least part of this.

Live and learn.

As for the rest, I stick to my point(s)...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

That's me done as a milviz customer then. I think you've let your good will on the forums go to your head, sorry.

As you wish. 

My good will extends only to those who have paid for the products they use.

Moving on.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

The guy is asking for support. Right there gives me the right to ask for his proof of purchase

Hi, I am "the guy" who started this thread, I was not asking for support, I simply was suggesting that the Avsim thread on aircraft compatible with P3D2 needed  updating, as a number of  aircraft that were fully compatible in P3D2 were not fully compatible in P3D2.1.  The purpose of the original thread on compatibility (which I did not start by the way) was to share information among Avsim users as to which aircraft they may already legally own may be compatible in P3D2.  If I wished Milviz support on this matter I would have posted my request on the Milviz site.

I have responded to your PM and sent you my proof of purchase for the B55 and the C310R.  Also, I have reread your statement on the Milviz forum concerning the Milviz EULA, where on the topic of P3DV2 you say:

"...Alright. A word on P3D V2 compatibility and our EULA.

As of this moment, if you wish to use any of our existing products in P32D v2, that's ok. (if you already own them)..."

Your several responses to my post on this thread implied that (1) I had not legally purchased your products and (2) that I was asking for support and (3) that I had violated your EULA.  None of these are true.

And just a few days ago I pre-purchased -- and paid for -- your upcoming King Air 350i for BOTH FSX and P3D2 versions.

With all due respect, I think you have been  defensive when you need not have been, and you have implied three derogatory things about me that are not true.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

There was no implication of anything untoward.  I asked for your proof of purchase after having responded to what, to me, seemed to be a comment on our product(s) vis a vis P3D.

I never said you had violated the Eula BUT... if you read what I wrote on our forums concerning the eula...... AS OF THIS MOMENT being the operative words... and that moment will change as soon as we release a native v2 version of our products.  That is also clear.

Not sure how you get to be derogatory here but alright...

I apologize if you feel that I have slighted you.

You will get the B350i free of charge. 

There's just sooooo much that could be addressed by some of the postings, but I'll go make a grocery shopping list instead!

I will say though, the thought of having Commercial Members prowling the forums, stalking any and all who might mention them or their product(s) scares me. And would make Avsim such a toxic environment that I would not want to come here. So I have requested some clarification from the staff as to what is or is not and what will or what will not be acceptable behavior by Commercial Members.

There's just sooooo much that could be addressed by some of the postings, but I'll go make a grocery shopping list instead!

I will say though, the thought of having Commercial Members prowling the forums, stalking any and all who might mention them or their product(s) scares me. And would make Avsim such a toxic environment that I would not want to come here. So I have requested some clarification from the staff as to what is or is not and what will or what will not be acceptable behavior by Commercial Members.

What about the thought of pirates prowling around stealing from all of you?  Does that scare you?  Probably not.

How does a P3DV2 compatibility list suggestion become a Milviz support topic?

We have a BOT. <_<

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I asked for his proof of purchase.

I see this has now been moved to the MilViz Support Forum.  In my humble opinion the heated discussion here began elsewhere "P3D Aircraft & Vehicles - Native and Add-Ons", and that may be the difference in perception I am reading.  Had the OP posted his message directly into the MilViz Support Forum here I would have had more of tendency to believe he was asking for support.  Instead, it appears more to me, and perhaps to some of the earlier participants in this topic that the OP may have instead wished to open a dialog among members where they share their experiences with various FSX related products in P3D versions.  Many then may not perceive the OP to be a support request.  For that reason alone I do not feel moving the topic was appropriate.  I wish Avsim would reconsider.

In passing I too would express my character by stating that I hope and doubt there are very very few among the crowd here that did not purchase what they use.  Members, please bombard me if I appear to be wrong on that.

The EULA issue argument should be reserved for purchase decisions.  Buyer/customer decisions rather than words will settle the argument, one way or the other.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Aircraft & Vehicles - Native and Add-Ons" to "The MILVIZ Support Forum".

I can perhaps see why this topic was moved based on the direction the topic took due to responses, but I feel the move was highly unfair to the original poster per his questions.  It is not evident to me that he was asking for support, but instead attempting to start a dialog about experiences with 3rd product compatibility among adopters of P3D v2.1.

I believe the move of the topic should be reviewed, and reversed.  I did not see a support request in the OP.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Actually, we have caught pirates here... and that's why I'm... vigilant.

and that's why I'm... vigilant

Just trying to be fair.  Both sides.

So does your comment I quoted here mean you are specifically calling out the OP on this issue?  

I just re-read his OP three times and do not see that he even states he is using the two MilViz products.  He states he has noticed some issues with the models and P3D V 2.1.  Could he not have "noticed" per separate discussions here.  To me he was clearly starting a compatibility discussion and I see no harm in that.  

Finally, as I stated on your web site, I do not have issues with your direction in changing your EULA, as long as it looks forward and not rearward.  I have not adopted P3D at this time.  When I do, and I believe I will, I will use any existing products I own, Milviz or other, to the degree they work.  And I will consume and share any methods that crop up to maintain or improve compatibility of same, such as config file tweaks, Inspector settings, etc..  But when that slate of compatibility runs out, then I fully expect that in order to then gain full function I may need to purchase a new license. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The OP is not a pirate. If he were, he would surely be removed from avsim.

I appreciate your comments about both sides.

I am presently looking for someone to take in the "diplomatic" mission that I am obviously so poor at.

1 hour a day paid. Plus free products.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

The OP is not a pirate. If he were, he would surely be removed from avsim.

I appreciate your comments about both sides.

I am presently looking for someone to take in the "diplomatic" mission that I am obviously so poor at.

1 hour a day paid. Plus free products.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

Well I for one am glad to see that you apologised to the OP.

Furthermore, as mentioned earlier and as a business owner who is fully aware of fixed costs, losses and implications (positive/negative or otherwise) of business decisions, I do believe in this instance you are making the right decision.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The MILVIZ Support Forum" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.