Sign in to follow this  
thefrog

List freeware with great virtual cockpits

freeware aircrafts with great virtual cockpits and which you can otherwise recommend as well :).Preferrable GA planes for bush flying but any will do :)

The Maule. Should be bfu_maule_m7260.zip here. Make sure you get the update as well. Great bush plane!

How about Milton Schupe's (?) Rockwell Aero Commander? Has a great VC and visual model. Bit heavy on the framerates though.Adam

>freeware aircrafts with great virtual cockpits and which you>can otherwise recommend as well :).>>Preferrable GA planes for bush flying but any will do :)The Antonov An-14 is a really great STOL a/c for bush flying. And it ONLY has a VC - no 2d panel at all. You can really carry some load in this bird!It takes a little bit of learning to fly as the panel is all in Russian - but if I can figure it out , anyone can. Barry

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. The Ju-90 has a good vc' Eric Dantes DHC-6 Otter(Air Madagascar) has, as well as his great Twin BonanzaJoe binka's Widgeon!I'm interested to see just how many there are!andy.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Morane SaulnierR Piper's ChipmunkAirhead's Decathlon

Guest Coneman

LICAeronca L-16ALICScout8GCBC (Tundra, Skis, Wheels)Cal Classics CV580RFDS Kingair B200CAntonov An-24RVPWDT_L410UVPETodd

Guest tango_d

Hi Par,Respect goes to....Rick Pipers 'Chipmunk' in conjuction with Dave Booker & Saverio Maurri & David MaltbyAlso....'T7 Gloster Meteor' VC again by Saverio MaurriHappy FlyinEddy:-)

CANADAIR CT-114 TUTORDiamond HK36 Motor GliderHawker HunterHoward 500Martin B-26 MarauderMesserschmitt Me 108PorterCPUtva 75NAMC YS-11There are just SO many!! In fact only yesterday, I cleared out my aircraft folder of all a/c that do not have a nice VC. I still have over 50 a/c (almost all freeware) to fly - more than I could do in a lifetime , I thinkBarry

I agree with all of the above especially the JU-52 and Jungmann from O. Fischer, Utva, Howard, Maule, Twin Otter, Twin Bonanza, Chipmunk, YS-11. I would also add David Copley's Lightnings, Maliniemi/Virtanen's Vinka and Bjorn Buchner's Taylorcraft Auster V. IMHO these may not all be technically perfect like payware sometimes tries to be, but all the above do manage to give me the feeling that I am sitting in a real plane rather than in an airbrushed Airfix kit!