Sign in to follow this  
harrydoucette

Any alarm. will not turn off.

Ok so i've been having this problem for a while. my caution light comes on at some point on the ground (normal) then i cant get it to shut off. if i get an alarm of some kind throughout the flight it keeps going and wont turn off (yes i went and did the reset enabler in fmc) even if its the crew alert warning it wont shut off.  i turned off the crew warning on next flight but when i disconnect autopilot i cant shut that off. tried the screw on mcp. no dice...

i may delete and re-install now the once and see if that works?

no. im using a custom one. you think this is the problem? 

i somewhat remember using cold dark and having same problem. 

I am going to go play with it and see if panel states fix it.,

There is definetly a problem with cold and darks and the 777 caution warning.

It's probably going to be fixed with the 2023 service pack. :P

I've the same issue - if a Master Caution occurs during the flight, the light won't turn off, even if the issue is solved

best regards, Mathias

I've found that  starting from the engines on, all systems on panel state works pretty well.  You can get that by removing any startup panel state using the FMC>PMDG setup.  Once the engines/systems on panel state was loaded, I created my own custom state with ground power on, engines and most systems off.  It usually works OK. 

The PMDG supplied C & D panel state is known to be buggy, including causing caution lights, etc.  Any custom state derived from that one is likely to have problems.

Also, sometimes a particular saved flight (which includes a panel state) gets a bug in it.  I have a saved LAX approach in which the autopilot disconnect alarm won't be silenced even though it is set to allow turning it off.  So if you keep using the same flight to start, the same bug can keep coming up.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

My bet is that the panel state is corrupted.  Note that the issue tracking thread makes note of cold and dark issues, along with other panel state issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Im having the same issue .. any fix to this i cant land with the auto pilot alarms blasting!;[...

Im having the same issue .. any fix to this i cant land with the auto pilot alarms blasting!;[...

Do you mean you deactivated the autopilot using the control on the glare shield? If so, try using the 'z' key (or your autopilot-assigned button) instead. Alternatively, enable the resettable siren in the airline options.

Do you mean you deactivated the autopilot using the control on the glare shield? If so, try using the 'z' key (or your autopilot-assigned button) instead. Alternatively, enable the resettable siren in the airline options.

Yes when i turned off the A/P the alarm wont shut off. i tried z didnt work. and what do you mean by enable the resettable siren in the airline option? where is that? 

Yes when i turned off the A/P the alarm wont shut off. i tried z didnt work. and what do you mean by enable the resettable siren in the airline option? where is that? 

I don't mean that z will silence the siren; if you use the autopilot disconnect bar and the plane is not configured with a resettable siren, the siren cannot be stopped. Instead of using the autopilot disconnect bar, press the z key, and then again to silence the alarm, to disconnect the autopilot.

If you want a less realistic "out," you can change to a resettable siren by going to the CDU MENU, then PMDG SETUP, then AIRCRAFT, then EQUIPMENT, press the PREV PAGE button on the CDU, and toggle RESETTABLE SIREN:

ogSbq09.png