Sign in to follow this  
hillsboy

PMDG 737NGX + Orlando Taxi2gate = OOM

Great plane, great airport, but even with my GTX 580, i7 2600, 8ram, 800gb free space on 1T SSD, I get an OOM message within a matter of a few minutes. Any ideas from anyone?

Hi

Check on their facebook there you can download a update for the scenery.

Had this myself and the update did the trick.

Jesper

You might want to do a search of the 777 Forum to see why OOM errors are caused and what people are doing to solve the problem or trying to solve the problem. Your VAS exceeds 4GB. The update Jesper referred to might solve the problem but why did you have it in the first place.

Please sign your name per this http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

Michael Cubine

OOMs have nothing to do with your specs, amount of RAM etc - you're just pushing the sim too far. It has a 4GB VAS limit and if you go over it, you're going to get an OOM. There's a long section of the 777 manual (it was written after the NGX release, sorry) that explains how to troubleshoot this and mitigate it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Try using the latest stable Nvidia drivers 335.23. It has certainly helped a few other people I know.

This is my personal experience, and I don't know if it'll work the same for others, but using the "8xSQ" settings in Inspector keeps me well away from OOM's.  You can play around with it a bit to get the best settings.  In case you haven't seen it, there is a pin showing ideal Inspector settings, and 8xSQ is one.

Cheers,

Ryan

OOMs have nothing to do with your specs, amount of RAM etc - you're just pushing the sim too far. It has a 4GB VAS limit and if you go over it, you're going to get an OOM. There's a long section of the 777 manual (it was written after the NGX release, sorry) that explains how to troubleshoot this and mitigate it.

Hi Ryan,

Would you be able to post an extract from the 777 manual on the precision web site, as I am sure many of us with the NGX and sceneries and traffic and weather and planning software are always giving the 4GB VAS limit a scare.

Geoff Bryce

I tried a few things, but i nice fix was DX10 and Steves DX10 fixer (as MS left DX10 unfinished)... There are shaders out there to help as well and it does make a difference.

Hi Ryan,

Would you be able to post an extract from the 777 manual on the precision web site, as I am sure many of us with the NGX and sceneries and traffic and weather and planning software are always giving the 4GB VAS limit a scare.

There was a guy that asked permission to reprint this part on a website. You can find the relevant post by forum search - maybe ask him where it is.

wonder if your using 32 or 64 bit

going to 64 solved by problem

This is my personal experience, and I don't know if it'll work the same for others, but using the "8xSQ" settings in Inspector keeps me well away from OOM's.  You can play around with it a bit to get the best settings.  In case you haven't seen it, there is a pin showing ideal Inspector settings, and 8xSQ is one.

Cheers,

Ryan

I tested GPU settings and found that they had no effect whatsoever on the VAS load - stuff like AA is done entirely on the video card and never "gets out" into the main process memory for the application - FSX could care less and has no idea what AA setting you're forcing in the video driver.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I tested GPU settings and found that they had no effect whatsoever on the VAS load - stuff like AA is done entirely on the video card and never "gets out" into the main process memory for the application - FSX could care less and has no idea what AA setting you're forcing in the video driver.

I realize that it isn't supposed to help, but my VAS dropped significantly with it vs the 4xS settings, etc.  Maybe I just got lucky with my tweaking.  Seems that's what I'm relying on most trying to fight FSX.  Luck <_<

Thanks very much for the VAS article, Ryan!

JOHN ALMOND