Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Lago's Maddog...i'm not happy with this!!!

Guest United

Ever since M.K. left Lago, I've been suspicious of Lago. I hope I'm just being twitchy or paranoid, but if the MD80 bugs are not properly worked out, it's the very last product I will ever buy from them. There's a lot of unhappy simmers out there on several of their products so their reputation is clearly on the line here.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Debosonic

Yes well I am also very interested in getting the MD 80, but i'm refraining from doing that for now.Because of the comments and because I own an older LAGO product, their F16, which is okay, but not much to recommend about it. Especially the textures in that are really badly made.I just got the 'feel there' ERJ 145 and I am very pleased with it. I am also waiting for the Level D 767.Normally I get all the add-ons that receive 100% positive comments about them, and the Md-80 has been receiving mostly bad commentary.Pity, really, I would have liked to acquire it, but not now. I am a member of the worst ever ailriner add-on fiasco - the SSW A310...and have experience...Whoever bought that would know what I mean.Thanks for all those who took the plunge and got the MD 80, it is nice to warn the rest of us about it, I hope they get it patched up soon, and wait to hear your comments then. I am getting it, but not now...

Guest LLgaz

Paul.....Stop saying you'll do it and DO IT. People have been waiting for a payware quality MD80 from you for YEARS. Please do the community a favor.....especially after your huge success with the 727. What I don't understand about Dreamfleet is that they KNOW that if they were to do an MD80 that it would sell as well as or even better than the 727, or even as well as their 737. So Paul, put us out of our misery. Give us an MD80. Thankee Sai. (For you Dark Tower fans)

I'm unhappy with the MD80 as well, I cannot even open sub-panels, and my PFD/ND don't show other than error messages.I'm a member of the SSW A310 group as well, the only painful experiences I could avoid were CS products which I don't have.So, I already had my share in bad times, but every now and then I do the same mistake again. Maybe things look too good to make my credit card jump out by itself.Now I dis another frustrating purchase from Lago. I waited some time before I bought their MD80, no bad comments showed in their forum, so I decided to dare and purchase.The only alternative is the MDMax panel, which seems to be quite good, maybe I'll jump in today.Leaves the conclusion that Lago seems to have gone the same way as CS, SSW,... not to mention PerfectFlight...Yes, i need to pay for my stupidity. Will I ever learn? Instead of waiting some weeks or even months, I must buy instantly. Stupid boy, stupid boy (croc! croc! <= sound of my head against the wall) !!!Andreas

After some flights in the Maddog these are my impressions:1. Fist of all it's a likable ac. For people like me, flying from the 2d in airliners this size it feels good. The panels have a nice layout and a couple of cewl details, among others:

>I'm unhappy with the MD80 as well, I cannot even open>sub-panels, and my PFD/ND don't show other than error>messages.>Take a look in the Load Manager Setup. Check the "Always show button toolbar" or use Shift+# if you prefer.Did you switch on the PFD/ND (two buttons to the right of the gauges)brEagle

Guest lalo lolo1

Guys,I don't know if any of you is aware of this:http://www.mdsuper80.comI think Lago was keeping an eye on them and decided to release before finishing with the product fearing these other people was going to steal all their customers (like they did with me for example).A shame there hasn't been proper advertisement for these new guys. I am sure that a big bunch of those that already bought the Lago MD-82 would have waited some days to see comments on the other product.Leo

Guest DannyW

On the 31st they assured people buying it that manual will be released on the Feb 1st. Now they say it's not even translated!Liars!

Guest DannyW

On the 31st they assured people buying it that manual will be released on the Feb 1st. Now they say it's not even translated!Liars!

After being a charter member of the SSW A310 fiasco...I never buy a product from a developer until I read first hand accounts from users. I was looking forward to this release but am staying far away froom it now. There are 3 developers though that I will buy from the minute they release something...PMDG, PSS, LDS and Dreamfleet. They have a very good proven track record. All the A310 purchase did was raise the blood pressure to an unacceptable level.

Eric 

>I don't know about anyone else, but the idea of them>translating an italian manual into english scares the heck out>of me. (All your flaps are belong to us???)ROFL!

>There are 3 developers though that I will buy from the minute they >release something...PMDG, PSS, LDS and DreamfleetMaybe it's just me, but I get that to be four developers? ;-)Cheers,

Guest stevehow

yep...thats spot on...only one MADDOG...ME!!! steve

I almost bought this the night it came out - really glad I waited now after reading some of this stuff... Bring on the LDS please!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com