Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

RealAir Support

Hi,

I have been attempting to contact RealAir support via email for the past few days. I had been trying to reinstall my B60 v1 but got a 'too many re-installs' message. None of the links for support work on their website. Does anyone know the incantation one needs to chant to get a response from RealAir or know any other way to contact them?

Jon

That's unfortunate, and why I don't buy products with DRM anymore. I've had too many instances of reaching various re-install limits.

Good luck on getting support though. I think some of the RealAir folks hang around AVSIM, so if you're lucky they'll get in touch, or you can find a thread about RealAir products and see if they've posted and send them a private message.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

That's unfortunate, and why I don't buy products with DRM anymore. I've had too many instances of reaching various re-install limits.

Good luck on getting support though. I think some of the RealAir folks hang around AVSIM, so if you're lucky they'll get in touch, or you can find a thread about RealAir products and see if they've posted and send them a private message.

I'm not completely against DRM and it's not as though RealAir have refused to allow further installation of their B60. I view it as RealAir protecting their intellectual property which they have every right to do. That's not my beef. My frustration is that none of the links for support work on their official website. I have cut and pasted the support email address into my mail client and sent them an email with all the info they have requested. I'll follow up if my request gets a response.

I was completing this reply when Rob from RealAir sent me an email re-activating my B60 without any limitation. As suspected, they were merely checking if I was kosher. Thanks for your comment and many thanks to Rob at RealAir.

Jon

I'm pleased about that as I've always found them very helpful.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm not completely against DRM and it's not as though RealAir have refused to allow further installation of their B60. I view it as RealAir protecting their intellectual property which they have every right to do. That's not my beef. My frustration is that none of the links for support work on their official website. I have cut and pasted the support email address into my mail client and sent them an email with all the info they have requested. I'll follow up if my request gets a response.

I was completing this reply when Rob from RealAir sent me an email re-activating my B60 without any limitation. As suspected, they were merely checking if I was kosher. Thanks for your comment and many thanks to Rob at RealAir.

Jon

Good to hear! Cheers!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm pleased about that as I've always found them very helpful.

+1

Realair has always had excellent support.  I have every RealAir release, including the Scout package since it came out which was around 2007 I think.  I have hit the install limit numerous times since then over the years.   I just simply send Rob a message with a copy of my receipt and he promptly reset it, no big deal at all.

Speaking of RealAir support, I wonder if Avsim could create an 'unofficial' RealAir support forum here.  It would make it easier for everyone to post support threads in a common place, and also probably be easier for Rob and Sean to have a single place to post any notices.

Cheers

TJ

I just went for a jaunt in my B60 v1.5. If v2 is better than it, by all reports, I must have it. Even v1.5 is pretty darn good. I was talking to an ex-pilot a few days ago, who was Chief Pilot for his own company. They had a BizJet and a Duke, Hypertension ended his career. I asked him about the aircraft and he loved it. His only complaint was the props were too small (by design apparently) and it needed a fairly long take off roll.

Jon

Realair has always had excellent support.  I have every RealAir release, including the Scout package since it came out which was around 2007 I think.  I have hit the install limit numerous times since then over the years.   I just simply send Rob a message with a copy of my receipt and he promptly reset it, no big deal at all.

Speaking of RealAir support, I wonder if Avsim could create an 'unofficial' RealAir support forum here.  It would make it easier for everyone to post support threads in a common place, and also probably be easier for Rob and Sean to have a single place to post any notices.

Cheers

TJ

100% agree. The support response was excellent. Once I was in contact, it was less than an hour before I was reinstated.

Jon