Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Mouse and Rudder Control systems....

It's been a long time since I last used MS FLIGHT and I really don't recall if that was possible in this sim, but one thinkg I easily recall is how nice it was to be able to use the mouse for input in it. 

Yes MS FSX has that option too, and even X-plane, but there was something special about the way they programmed it in MS FLIGHT, at least to my feel.

I remember using the mouse also with X-Plane 10, and the fact that it helped a lot fighting some unwanted effects, but I do not recall if it is possible to use the mouse in X-Plane for the pitch and roll channels, and a rudder control system for the yaw / toe brakes?  

I also recall using the mouse for control in X-Plane 10 had a more natural feel than in FSX.

In an old simulator I am using a lot lately, there are many available combinations for control input, and I found that using the mouse as manche, and my Saitek rudder for what it's meant to, makes

a great combination, and in that particular simulator I can even say it brings the whole experience a lot closer to reality!

If possible in XP10, give it a try: set the rudder axis, but no controller axis for roll and pitch, and use your mouse for that purpose.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I respect you for trying something new JComm but I'm afraid I'm never going to want to use the mouse as a primary flight control so long as I have a piece of dedicated hardware that was meant for that purpose.

Maybe if I had to sim on a laptop or something but not on my dedicated simming machine.  I shutter at the thought of using a mouse in place of my MFG Crosswind pedals or my yoke. :O

RE Thomason Jr.

I'll have to pass as well. Mouse controls are fine and dandy for something like arcade battles in War Thunder, but I can't even imagine the headache that they'd be in anything involving switches, levers, and radios.

It seems that upon connecting a controller in X-Plane, one looses the ability to fly with the mouse. Using the mouse is a good option when debugging scenery. I just find it convenient that I don't need to connect up a yoke and pedals just to test out a new scenery.

Before I had TrackIR, I used the mouse a lot to look around the cockpit, but I'm now thinking it would be great way to have an extra axis.