Sign in to follow this  
Dickens

Where to input NAV/ILS frequencies?

New to the 777, would someone mind telling me where I can enter NAV frequencies in the 777? I've looked inside the FMC, pedestals, and have not found nothing (or maybe I have, just haven't noticed it).

Thanks. 

Try the NAVRAD button on the FMS panel. You have to enter the VOR frequency using the numpad.  To use the ILS you would enter [FREQ]/[OBS Course]. For example KSEA ILS 34R Freq is 110.3 with an OBS of 343.  You would type in the scratchpad 110.3/343 then press the Soft key next to the ILS on the screen.  You can enter VOR radials using the same method if you were trying to identify a point.

Brian Thibodeaux

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

And besides Brian's answer, I'm sure you know that the FMC auto-selects the correct ILS frequency and OBS once you select your approach and runway on the DEP/ARR screen?

And besides  Brian's answer and mikes answer  there is also the manuals  to check and the tutorial.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Step 1: Open the Manual in a PDF reader

Step 2: Hold down Ctrl key and the F key at the same time

Step 3: Type "ILS" in the Search bar

Step 4: Read.

:D

Or: Step 1: Open a new topic in the forum

Step 2: Write a question
Step 3: Wait
Step 4: Wait more
Step 5: Go to bed

Step 6: Wake up

Step 7: Open forum and find your own topic

Step 8: Wait more

Step 9: Get incorrect answer

Step 10: Wait more
Step 11: Get maybe correct answer that's a bit vague and has no pictures.

Step 12: you get the picture.

Thanks Brian, for answering the OPs question.. 

Maybe you others can dial back the snark, just a bit?  It's responses like that which make these forums so lame.

Thought the manual is for checking  and if you cant find your answer   than post your question. Least checking the manuals  you learn something new.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Furthermore, the question has still been asked here numerous times. So you can either search the FCOM or the PMDG forums for an answer.

And I'm pretty sure, the ILS frequency has to be entered as mmm.kk/ccc (IIRC, mmm.k/ccc does not work). Comp. FCOMv2, p. 967.

Sigh.. If I was PMDG I'd be a bit concerned when new users (customers) are treated like crap when asking for help in their official forum.  But maybe I'm old school like that.  Or maybe I just don't like the pious, RTFM type responses you get here.  

Either way, have a nice day.

Thanks Brian, for answering the OPs question.

No prob, hope he finds it useful.

I'm sure you know that the FMC auto-selects the correct ILS frequency and OBS once you select your approach and runway on the DEP/ARR screen?

This is also true Dickens.  I don't know why I brain farted it.  But it's always best to know where the manual feature is as well.  One you should always confirm what is set and two you might need to swap the freq on the fly incase of a runway change last second.

Maybe you others can dial back the snark, just a bit?  It's responses like that which make these forums so lame.

I'm with you on this.  Sometimes people prefer to just talk to other people about something.  If you feel so personally begrudged about people asking questions like this.  Don't open the thread.  It was pretty obvious what he was going to ask.  I personally don't have any problems answering a question that I know the answer to.  Maybe its my years as an CFI or maybe its my nature who knows.  But those comments weren't necessary guys I'm sorry.

Brian Thibodeaux 

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

This is also true Dickens. I don't know why I brain farted it. But it's always best to know where the manual feature is as well. One you should always confirm what is set and two you might need to swap the freq on the fly incase of a runway change last second.

I agree 100%. But as I wasn't sure if the topic starter is aware of this, I decided to add this answer to your answer, just to be sure he gets all the info related to his question, and, just in case he wouldn't be aware of what I said, doesn't unnecessary tweak the frequencies which initially would already have been set by the FMC after entering the desired arrival procedure into his FMC, and  add unnecessary stress to an approach which at times might already be stressful enough.

PMDG goes through the effort of producing incredible manuals.  Everything you need to know is contained within.  Fly the tutorials, they're great (and would explain basic stuff like radio input).

to add to the actual answers to the question, instead of the frequency you can also enter the identifier for the VOR.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

to add to the actual answers to the question, instead of the frequency you can also enter the identifier for the VOR

If I'm not mistaken you will get a list of different VOR's in case there is more than one VOR with the same identifier. Be sure to choose the right one!