Sign in to follow this  
Jessyboy

I'm Disappointed

Probably, the biggest problem with P3Dv2 is how much some 3pds will ask for their P3Dv2 "professional" versions....

Some add-ons are already meant to have a p3d version available somewhere in the future, others aren't so clearly told to, but all of them seem to be going to cost a hell of a huge amount on their LM version, because of the EULA et al...

If one moves right now, some defauilt aircraft are already great, ASN works ( which is probably the best weather injector available for both platforms, and will cost you no more ), the Carenados and mosy Aerosoft's work, and the EMT appears to have success in letting you migrate a few more, but how much will it cost to have the Q-400 in P3Dv2? How much will we have to pay for the PMDGs?

This is a problem, at least for those who really depend on those add-ons, and will have to have both sims installed :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

It is not a problem because those Devs hinting at higher prices simply do not have any product to sell yet anyway.

By the time they do, other more proactive developers will have already defined the market rate. probably with dual licencing deals.

I will worry about it when it happens, put simply, I know my financial means and if something is too expensive I do without.

Probably, the biggest problem with P3Dv2 is how much some 3pds will ask for their P3Dv2 "professional" versions....

Some add-ons are already meant to have a p3d version available somewhere in the future, others aren't so clearly told to, but all of them seem to be going to cost a hell of a huge amount on their LM version, because of the EULA et al...

If one moves right now, some defauilt aircraft are already great, ASN works ( which is probably the best weather injector available for both platforms, and will cost you no more ), the Carenados and mosy Aerosoft's work, and the EMT appears to have success in letting you migrate a few more, but how much will it cost to have the Q-400 in P3Dv2? How much will we have to pay for the PMDGs?

This is a problem, at least for those who really depend on those add-ons, and will have to have both sims installed :-/

Ikes, yeah I don't want to have 2 sims to deal with. Nahhhh. I did it for a couple of months back with 2004 to FSX and I didn't enjoy it. I'm pretty sure I'll move to P3D some day- but now is def not the time. Yeah, I have all PMDGs except the prop, and enjoy them all as I do with AXE and others. So definitely would need my high-end add-ons to work there as well. Thank you for your input!

Those are with no tweaking, straight out of the box 2.2, they are also converted to JPG's for the filesize reduction, much sharper in the Sim

All the assistance you need is to just go and get P3D, If it does not fit your needs return it, its that simple.

Don't want to spend the full amount and have to wait for the refund ? , then simply buy a One (1) Month Prepaid/Nonrecurring licence for $10

$10 will tell you far more than we can, It's pointless hanging around here asking questions when you can so easily find out for yourself.

http://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

Yep, I agree. Appreciate your info, as well. I will take your advice.

Jcomm, the Mortal Enemy of P3D, convinces yet another tortured soul to hold off until "some day" by invoking the dreaded 4 letters, P-M-D-G. :rolleyes: :P

It's like reading one of the Elder Scrolls aloud.

Wow- this is incredible.  The member who analogized the car-buying purchase was spot-on.  There is the pretty new Corvette convertible for $80,000 USD sitting in the showroom.  What else can we do but go home and throw rocks at the old sled in our driveway?

We can 'rationalize' all we want.  There simply put is no substitute for the 'Vette.  We can cry about insurance premiums, fuel economy, the monthly payment, yada yada.  But in our hearts we know which car we yearn for... 

Of course there will ALWAYS be Prius drivers...

As an aside, I am not the least bit worried about PMDG pricing.  I feel confident it will be reasonable.  For those who can't wait on PMDG, the iFly 737NG works right now in P3D v 2.2.  (iFly released a special P3D version, which is extra-cost even if you own the FSX version.  Side note:  The exterior views of the iFly have TERRIFIC engine sounds - best I've ever heard on a sim platform with the exception of special $10k USD cockpit audio software). If you are a cockpit builder, Sim-Avionics has a default 737 model for FSX/P3D that works fine with the S-A glass cockpit software.  The Sim-A 737 is 'included' with the Sim-A software purchase.

BTW:  The iFly 737NG for P3D v 2.2. is not insanely priced, I want to say about $80 USD.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Jcomm, the Mortal Enemy of P3D,

Oh no!  Not at all - I'll say, if someone asks me, that P3Dv2 was actually the winner in the last months, specially if we take into consideration X-Plane 10 too.

If I weere to invest in some Civil flightsim now, I would have no doubt doing it in P3Dv2.

Yes it's still FSX's FDM behind ( not bad at all after all... ) but the graphics, the stability, and above all the future, would make my decision very easy! So, not even by far an enemy of P3Dv2, rather someone who can easily recognize the efforts of the LM team did end in a very playable v2.2! but at the same time identify some problems in the future with 3pds who will sell their add-ons a lot more expensive than the corresponding FSX versions, because of what we all know....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

I'm telling you guys. This guy has some brains! Thanks again, sir !

Yeah, OK, that's objective.  

Being "objective" about another platform means:

1.  You don't base a decision on how much you've spent on an different platform (that's called financial attachment, and again is not relevant to the objectivity of what a platform offers)

2.  One isn't tied to a 3rd party vendor's aircraft(s) (aka PMDG ... that's called aircraft attachment and again is not relevant to objectivity of what a platform offers)

3.  Involves actually using the product (that's common sense)

4.  You don't state false information about a platform of which you've not used (water animations - yes they are present at altitude also)

5.  Not contradicting yourself (tweaking)

I'm not questioning your reasons for staying with FSX, in fact, I really don't care ... I have no vested interest ... to each his or her own.  The only reason I got involved in this thread is because you stated false information about P3DV2, about audiences ... no assumptions here, just the facts and it's really not argument.  To refresh your exact statement:

So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up?

Is P3DV2.x perfect, nope

Is FSX perfect, nope

Is XP10 perfect, nope

Do people have different expectations, they sure do.

Now for your reasons for staying with FSX, your financial investment, your product compatibility, you've got it running well and enjoy it ... all very valid.  But they have NOTHING to do with what you said in your original post.  So exactly what was the reason behind you feeling the need to come to this P3D forum and duplicate a post you made in the FSX forum?  If it wasn't to start a debate (or argument if that's how you see this), what was it for?  And why in both forums?  Many of us have been around a long time, we see these pattern over and over and over again ... XP10 exclusive fans posting in FSX forums how terrible FSX is, FSX fans coming into P3D forums saying how terrible P3D is, etc. etc.

Cheers, Rob.

P3D is in ongoing development, by a company with plenty of rescourses.

LM is a very large company with major programs across the defense spectrum. The flight simulation business exists only because an argument has been made within LM that the commercial side of the business directly supports their military products. Their interest in this could evaporate overnight in the event that the R&D expense cannot be justified so I would take the attitude that we should take advantage of this while the opportunity exists, but I would not necessarily make long term plans and commitments based on LM's involvement.

Oh no!  Not at all - I'll say, if someone asks me, that P3Dv2 was actually the winner in the last months, specially if we take into consideration X-Plane 10 too.

If I weere to invest in some Civil flightsim now, I would have no doubt doing it in P3Dv2.

Yes it's still FSX's FDM behind ( not bad at all after all... ) but the graphics, the stability, and above all the future, would make my decision very easy! So, not even by far an enemy of P3Dv2, rather someone who can easily recognize the efforts of the LM team did end in a very playable v2.2! but at the same time identify some problems in the future with 3pds who will sell their add-ons a lot more expensive than the corresponding FSX versions, because of what we all know....

Now now, you know I was joking :lol:

An issue that has come up from time to time, and I think still possibly has some validity, is if our choice of P3D license now will bite us later.  Like If I were to get the Pro License, the PMDG will cost $1000 dollars, but if i were to go with the Academic, then it would be $60 for perhaps a slightly different product.  I'm not too worried about this, but it's one of the things I have in the back of my mind.  That's one of those things, we'll just have to wait and see...although they did say we would know more by Q1, 2014, and well, I guess it's already Q2 now.

And, let's not forget that P3D will easily allow, and actually is already being used in the professional area, with external flight and systems models being used!

ELITE has some FNPTs designed that way, and future versions of the PC version could probably allow for the use of P3Dv2 for the "World" representation I believe...

Looking at the movies ans some shots I have seen in the last few weeks, and having been an FSX + DX10 user, I can easily identify much better effects, such as the cloud shadows, and even the cockpit lighting.

If one doesn't mind having to wait for whatever decision some of the major players in the 3pd domain are going to take in the future regarding the support of this platform, P3Dv2 is probably the best payware Civil Flightsim choice right now...

Main Simulation Rig:

Yeah, OK, that's objective.  

No need to get that excited. Everyone has their opinion and everyone is entitled to do their research and then decide what fits them best. Relax, man. It's not like I'm invoking you to launch off a building. Easy, easy...relax.

As far as asking the topic in both forums? It's called diversity- Relax, relax... I will not engage in argument with you. Won't bite.  

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote. Please do NOT quote the entire post you are replying to!

XP10 exclusive fans posting in FSX forums how terrible FSX is, FSX fans coming into P3D forums saying how terrible P3D is, etc. etc.

By "etc. etc." I presume you mean P3D acolytes visiting the FSX forum and declaring how FSX is dead/old/obsolete/useless (delete as appropriate) and telling everyone to come and join the P3D Master Race.

See what I mean above about objectivity being the first casualty?

So, what's the point of moving to P3D if it's the same product with just a little bit of make-up?

Hey, a "little bit of makeup" can go a long way, see below, I'm not just saying this to be funny but I'm trying to make a point

slide_285635_2206026_free.jpg?1363020464

slide_285635_2530978_free.jpg?1370371483

By "etc. etc." I presume you mean P3D acolytes visiting the FSX forum and declaring how FSX is dead/old/obsolete/useless (delete as appropriate) and telling everyone to come and join the P3D Master Race.

See what I mean above about objectivity being the first casualty?

Yes "etc. etc." means that and more, was the point not already clear enough or do I need to state every possible condition?  Hopefully the concept was clear?  But if you feel that wasn't objective enough:

P3D acolytes visiting the FSX forum

P3D acolytes visiting the XP forum

XP acolytes visiting the P3D forum

XP acolytes visiting the FSX forum

FSX acolytes visiting the XP forum

FSX acolytes visiting the P3D forum

Did I get all the possible combinations -- do I need to include Flight and/or others?  I even put FSX on the bottom just to make sure objectivity remains intact. ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Hey, a "little bit of makeup" can go a long way, see below, I'm not just saying this to be funny but I'm trying to make a point

slide_285635_2206026_free.jpg?1363020464

slide_285635_2530978_free.jpg?1370371483

haha, I agree , Paul.