Sign in to follow this  
77west

nVidia ShadowPlay - Flight Vids

Hi all

Did some tests today with NVidia ShadowPlay, technology on the 600 and 700 series cards for in-game recording in full HD with pretty much no performance loss, certainly none in FSX. I did a test video of landing in Christchurch during the remains of Cyclone Ita. Please forgive and bad techniques or incorrect procedures, I was simply testing. PLEASE change quality to 1080p.... using the cog-wheel tool.

Shadowplay is amazing. Only problem I have is that the icon isn't showing and when FSX is unfocussed (by pressing alt for example) the recording stops.

Without that icon it is hard to tell if you are recording or not.

I have the 630M mobile card - supports 660M and up, damn!

Hi Wes,

thanks for posting this. I just tested this in fullscreen mode. Any chance to make it work in window mode too?

Best regards,

Martin Schiewe

NIce video.

I do like ShadowPlay, but does it still stop recording if you switch to outside view?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Shadowplay is amazing. Only problem I have is that the icon isn't showing and when FSX is unfocussed (by pressing alt for example) the recording stops.

Without that icon it is hard to tell if you are recording or not.

Yes I dont believe it works unfocussed, but I dont fly with FSX Windowed anyhow. To get the little Icon you need to select that in the settings thru nVidia Experience

I have the 630M mobile card - supports 660M and up, damn!

If anyone here could benefit from ShadowPlay it would be you Luke! Some nice vids would be coming our way then im sure. Pity about your laptop. Perhaps time for an upgrade?  B)