Sign in to follow this  
srcooke

Website down

The FS2Crew website is currently unobtainable, coincidently RAAS Pro is crashing FSX on launch!

Have disabled RAAS for now and will check what happens when the site is back up.

most likely the same issue  that some have came across  lately, just click yes  when the prompt  appears  at the start of  fsx  it will come good

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418528-pmdg-777-raas-crashing-fsx-on-startup/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I had the same issues then Peter and as I recall there were internet issues at the time.

Repeatedly approving the warning does not resolve the problem nor does clearing the entry from the trusted application list. There have been no PC changes the last few days, all was fine yesterday and today not. As mentioned maybe a coincidence but the website is not accessible.

Currently I have disabled the dll.

What web site you trying to get  since I got no issues at my end, looks like its at your end, I can get in the forum and  fs2crew site

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

OK website access is restored and RAAS fully functional, this fits with the same situation I had earlier and when others experienced problems.

Bryan, is this due to RAAS checking for updates?

What web site you trying to get  since I got no issues at my end, looks like its at your end, I can get in the forum and  fs2crew site

FS2Crew switched servers today Peter, a DNS flush allowed access again.

Bryan, is this due to RAAS checking for updates?

Doubt it because I've tested RAAS with no internet connection.

Please do a test for me though... turn off your internet... and try RAAS again with no internet connection.

What happens?

Here is the discovery Bryan,

Disabling internet access locally and FSX will continue to run with RAAS.

However if I block website access at the DNS server, similar to the website not been available, FSX will crash with the RAASPRO.dll as the named faulting module. Once DNS is restored all is well again.

Here is the discovery Bryan,

Disabling internet access locally and FSX will continue to run with RAAS.

However if I block website access at the DNS server, similar to the website not been available, FSX will crash with the RAASPRO.dll as the named faulting module. Once DNS is restored all is well again.

Hmmmm, weird, because I and other users have run RAAS with no internet connection.

Gotta love computers.

I'll check it out.  Thanks for the report.

Cheers,

This is  a strange one since you think every one  would have  the same issue, best of luck tracking this one  down.

Peter kelberg