Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Norfolk?

My default startup in P3D is, as I'm sure we have all seen, Langley KLFI. I am not familiar with the Chesapeake Bay Area, but have immensely enjoyed flying to other civil and military airports in the area (I'd be shot down by now in RL :) ). While performing a very short flight from Langley to Norfolk (KORF), it occurred to me that I am flying over what is probably the largest naval base in the world. Is there any add-on that simulates the ships and infrastructure that one would see in RL?

Thanks, Bruce.

Thanks for that link Jimmy. Korf is my hometown airport and I had no idea this payware existed!

Orman

In a former career I used to fly into KORF several times per year. I was always pleased with the smooth services there and it was always a quick transition from rental car return to brief walk to ticket counter to security and gates. I always thought KORF was just the right size of an airport. Not too big and not too cramped. For me this was a buy-before-blinking purchase.

My default startup in P3D is, as I'm sure we have all seen, Langley KLFI. I am not familiar with the Chesapeake Bay Area, but have immensely enjoyed flying to other civil and military airports in the area (I'd be shot down by now in RL :) ). While performing a very short flight from Langley to Norfolk (KORF), it occurred to me that I am flying over what is probably the largest naval base in the world. Is there any add-on that simulates the ships and infrastructure that one would see in RL?

Thanks, Bruce.

There are no renderings of Naval Station Norfolk that I am aware of. I know at one time someone was putting detailed additions to the airfield, but I do know that the default scenery in older versions of flight simulator still has strips of city landclass in place of the ship piers.

Keith Guillory

Thanks Kieth, also figure than security around one of the world's largest naval bases would make it tough to get protographic data for scenery...

I have never flown into KORF, either as a pax or oilot- one day maybe!

Thanks, Bruce.

I actually did civil shipping for Chesapeake Bay  - it is available here on AVSIM search for Henrik Nielsen - I am preparing an update for all my AI ship traffic for the US which I expect to launch after Easter; that one will also include naval ship traffic for the area.

Henrik