Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Library missing from menu bar

What the heck has happened to the Library on the menu bar?  Since the AVSIM server went down a few weeks ago, its been missing (at least on my system)!  I've been having to access it separately snce the server was restored...

Check up at the very top Scott.  It's just above the M in AVSIM. 

Chris Sunseri

Oh, right (feeling a bit sheepish here)!  I was use to seeing BELOW the big AVSIM with white letters, not above it (that's were it was for years anyway)!  Didn't occur to me to look elseware!

Oh, right (feeling a bit sheepish here)!  I was use to seeing BELOW the big AVSIM with white letters, not above it (that's were it was for years anyway)!  Didn't occur to me to look elseware!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438966-menu-changes-coming/     B)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi John,

No it's not you! It's me too!!!!

Went to upload a file to the library just now and thought I was hallucinating. Both the Library link and the Forums link have both gone.

I see there's been some small changes to the Library upload procedure for files as I was able to navigate via the Library News page to the library.

For the forums I just went via the latest forum posts in the bottom left corner.

BTW _ tried a different browser and the same thing. Let's hope the Avsim guys fix this.

Regards

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I have the "old" library bookmarked, so I can still get directly to it.

As a longtime user of AVSIM, while I am grateful for the extraordinary service AVSIM continues to provide this community, I can't help but find myself continually frustrated by the endless cycle of front-page "redesigns" and "tweaks" that have plagued this site for what now seems many years. Perhaps the insidious culture of continuous updates created by Big Software has removed respect for the end-user from the values held by content-generators (as an example, consider the frustrations associated with trying to use Flashplayer). But hopefully, that's not true.

Personally, with its combination of new and old, I had thought the AVSIM site was finally perfect again. (BTW, before this plague of redesign afflicted this site, it was always my first stop for browsing; in the past few years, that has no longer been the case)

Tim

OK, I checked this morning and the front page looks different now. Access to the forum is from the sample place/position but the Library is moved further up in the very top black band above the Avsim title.

Back to the uploads...

Regards

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Thanks Dave. Very helpful.

Cheers,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge