Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

FTX Global Vector 1.15 Released!

The Pelly River in the Yukon is still missing.  That is MY benchmark for Vector.  There is a short section of a little creek in the vicinity of the Faro airport, but no big, broad, river.  I see UTX on the horizon just waiting to be installed pretty soon.

Not ready to light a candle at the feet of John's statue yet.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

What has changed with this update?

Mike

It's weird that they didn't mention what was changed in that thread, but it's got all about to do with airport elevation issues. Not sure what exactly they did though.

The Pelly River in the Yukon is still missing.  That is MY benchmark for Vector.  There is a short section of a little creek in the vicinity of the Faro airport, but no big, broad, river.  I see UTX on the horizon just waiting to be installed pretty soon.

Not ready to light a candle at the feet of John's statue yet.

Wait for Vector 1.2, they will update to USGS vector data for the entire North America which will make everything much better.

KSEA missing runway 16L and C

Yet when you disable it in the configurator tool it is perfect

Global Vector can release all the updates it wants but unless they address the real issue of missing rivers streams and secondary roads its usless for 90 % of our flying. UTX is still superior in all dimensions. granted unless you fly in asia australia or Africa. I would guess the majority fly in The U.S. and europe. The hype is not up to the reality for the prices they charge. wait for Flight one's next generation, and use the specific regions for Orbx, I also am sorry I installed ORBX world now, it really adds to many forrested landclasses in the areas I fly, but that is a personal preference.

Global Vector can release all the updates it wants but unless they address the real issue of missing rivers streams and secondary roads its usless for 90 % of our flying. UTX is still superior in all dimensions. granted unless you fly in asia australia or Africa. I would guess the majority fly in The U.S. and europe. The hype is not up to the reality for the prices they charge. wait for Flight one's next generation, and use the specific regions for Orbx, I also am sorry I installed ORBX world now, it really adds to many forrested landclasses in the areas I fly, but that is a personal preference.

Have you looked at the 1.20 update? It's all rivers and streams

Have you looked at the 1.20 update? It's all rivers and streams

Your confusing products. Global vector was the program to which I refered. Vector handles roads and rivers and streams. ORBX global handles landclass and is updated to 1.20.

Your confusing products. Global vector was the program to which I refered. Vector handles roads and rivers and streams. ORBX global handles landclass and is updated to 1.20.

...no. Have you seen the upcoming Vector 1.20 update. It contains entirely new hydro data for North America.

...no. Have you seen the upcoming Vector 1.20 update. It contains entirely new hydro data for North America.

no and neither have you, only screen shots.I guess the key word is "upcoming" not released yet, we can hope, I suppose, it  will fix everything, including secondary roads. still I will put my money on UTX until that time comes.

Ermmm... Orbx don't have any landclass products out yet (other than within their regions). Global is textures. So if the underlying LC is wrong then Global can't do anything about it.

Spot on there Mike...

The landclass products are still in development, with Europe to be released first...

A