Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

Disappointed

I know this may not be any help and probably irrelevant but, I used to get these "freezes" With the NGX, T7, Aerosofts bus. I always have my sim time spot on with my system time ie, right now where I am its 16:44 so id set FSX time to the same and during a flight with these freezes and the occasional  alt+enter to check my flight on BAV's live Acars id loose 10-15 minutes on the aircrafts clock.

I ran an Nvidea update a couple of weeks ago and installed the latest driver for my GTX580, 337.88 through Ge-force experience and unbelievably these freezes have gone :shok: Its very weird indeed but there gone from my system :blink:

Chris Howard

Next time my fsx.cfg has to be rebuilt, I'll try without the HIGHMEMFIX and will check whether the usual skeleton and other issues reappear or not.

I'll keep you posted (and will state my GPU...)   ;-)

Steve,

When I reinstalled FSX, I forgot to add the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" statement to my fsx.cfg file. I was experiencing graphical issues like white rectangles across the landscape, and also the skies turning black when looking in particular directions in various areas. When I added the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" statement to my fsx.cfg file, those issues vanished. Now, I am not suggesting that this is universal (although I am sure that plenty of forum members would say exactly that), but it is significant that adding this statement solved my graphical issues instantly.

Experienced similar issues with even/additionally the FSX menu disappearing, changing colours for the 'parking brake' message and messed up 2D cockpits. Back to including HIGHMEMFIX now.

GPU is NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti and running DX9 mode.

haixzzzz first time buy pmdg product got so many bugs in pmdg 777

like ils error freq, caution light keep on cant disenage autopilot ,not responding for few sec every 10 to 20 min haixzzzz WHEN IS THE SP1 COMING OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so irritated by pmdg product right now..............................

like ils error freq, caution light keep on cant disenage autopilot ,not responding for few sec every 10 to 20 min haixzzzz WHEN IS THE SP1 COMING OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so irritated by pmdg product right now..............................

... when it's ready ... simply use a different panel state and have fun with the current version ...

Take it you didn't read the pinned section of  the forum where it said read this before posting

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I wonder why after all these years no software house has ever thought about developing a flight simulator, above all considering how much grip and add ons Flight Simulator still have after so many years.

I see a lot of garbage on the pc gaming scene but no software house has even dared to think about developing a flight simulator like it was so hard and expensive as developing a men equipped rocket to reach Alpha Centauri and coming back safely.

Until this will happen PMDG and its customers will always have to deal with a medieval piece of software called FSX released around 8-9 years ago !!!!!!!!

Sometimes I feel more actual to play Ghost'NGoblins then fiddling with such relics called FSX and complaining about FSX bugs is like complaining about the issues and performances of a car built in early 1900.

The solution, PMDG has to develop an own flight simulator, until this won't be done there will be only rusty garbage to deal with and developers and customers tons of frustration.

Don't even get me started on Train Sim!  Still using that.  People still making payware for it.  

I just got my first OOM while departing an airport I'ce departed from many times.  The only think I can think of it being is my recently installed REX4 Texture Direct.  But like Steve says, I'll never know unless I fiddle with other stuff.  I'll most likely just keep playing with my settings though, turning down sliders until Process Explorer is happy.  Sigh.  I was happy with my previous version of REX too.  Oh well.  $40 down the drain.  

Experienced similar issues with even/additionally the FSX menu disappearing, changing colours for the 'parking brake' message and messed up 2D cockpits. Back to including HIGHMEMFIX now.

GPU is NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti and running DX9 mode.

NickN July-30-2010 at 11:42am

"Highmemfix is not a tweak, its a fix and only needs to be in the config if a user experiences things like black VC textures and textures that seem to disappear, especially during a long flight. If you dont see that, you dont need highmemfix either and be aware, Highmemfix can cause d39.dll crashes when used in conjunction with the ENB bloom mod and I have also seen it cause issues with certain OS settings. It will not in any way shape or form change performance."

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

It fixed the occasional "black skies" and "white rectangles in the terrain" problems on my old PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What I take from Nick's comment is: 1) If it's not required don't use it since it can cause problems. And 2) If you've got a weird problem and you've got highmemfix=1, it's a good idea to try without it. :Black Eye: 

I tried without it, got weird problems, thought it's a good idea to put it back in, and found out it seems to be required in order to get my weird problems resolved, problems I would not have had in the first place, if I hadn't tried without it!   :LMAO:

Yes, it is a funny way of looking at it. However when I consider the fully stacked and loaded setups with >3Gb VAS used and FSX crippled under the sheer weight of deliberately induced high resolution, I've found never to need it. It certainly seems a few do come up against a situation whereby it helps resolve some strange texture issues. Seems funny to me they only discover that if they happen to remove the highmemfix setting. Which nicely solidifies my point. :BigGrin:

For what it is worth.....

I have been experimenting with a fresh, clean, vanilla Fsx.cfg

I never add much to the FSX.cfg but this time I did not even add the Highmemfix, nor wideviewaspect=true (all things I considdered standard, good things to add).

And the PMDG777 (the only aircraft addon I have installed) was doing just fine without highmemfix.

no see through textures!

Not even with all FSX and UTX setting to max. (well allmost, I never use road traffic)

I have only UTX and GEX and Fly Tampa Vienna installed otherwise (and OPUS FSX for weather but it was not running at the time of testing).

So all fine over GEX, UTX and Fly Tampa Vienna and the rest of the default FSX world!

Yesterday I installed Drzewiecki New York Airports X.

(I reduced FSX and UTX settings enough for that to work.....VAS use without Drzewiecki was max 2.2GB on a 7 hour flight and with Drzewiecki it is now 3.0GB during a 1 hour touch and go test flight)

Anyway...all is fine, things look good, I am happy.

So I take a look at what Drzewiecki has changed to my FSX.cfg and guess what.....they added Highmemfix=1 !

So I took that entry out just as an experiment and.......yep see though airplane and not a single building present in KJFK.

I guess Highmemfix is required at some point if you add enough stuff then?

lULxn.jpg

Rob Robson