Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

Disappointed

Any news on if the open, acknowledged issue "long pauses where the Sim recovers after 30secs to 1 minute"?

Purchased a product I haven't used for months now due to this... Render it pretty much useless.

John

Be patient.

SP1 is coming and that issue will be fixed.

In the meantime you might wanna review your system and FSX settings. I don't experience this freezing thing often. I think it's happened to me about 2 or 3 times and they lasted for around 1 or 2 seconds.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Isn't it still open in the 'issue' thread? If SP1 will address it I'm happy ;)

They won't release SP1 until they can fix the issue. Or at least, until they identify it and work out a solution around it.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Those freezes are still under investigation. So not fixed yet in internal PMDG builds.

Pls. note that these freezes cannot necessarily all be related to the PMDG B777: The "tower view freezes", for example, are a FSX bug; the T7 can't be held responsible for them.

As for the typical freezes: All you have to do is to show some patience, as the sim will "unfreeze" after a couple of minutes, and normal flight will resume. Unfortunately, fuel is still being consumed during those freezes so, depending on circumstances, you may have to cheat with your fuel load inflight.

Only started for me with the 777.. And if you get several of these each flight it gets very annoying.

Pls. note that these freezes cannot necessarily all be related to the PMDG B777

Way back when (well shortly after release) my freezes were caused by autosaving in FSUIPC.  Once deselecting that I haven't had any since.

Chris Sunseri

Only started for me with the 777.. And if you get several of these each flight it gets very annoying.

I tend to get them every so often but I don't let that stop me from using T7. Don't let it annoy you not worth it honest.

You need to be signing your name with your posts as per PMDG Rules

Jason

Jason Thompson

Didn't work :( I searched and tried all the suggestions but no good

Couple things:

1. As Jason mentioned, putting your name in your posts is required here for a couple reasons.  One of them is to help the team identify you're an owner of the aircraft.
  2. If you're running into issues, one of the best things you could do is help others help you.  Often times, when a development team cannot pin an issue down, it's because they cannot reproduce it.  I don't recall any of the beta team having many issues with this, which means we can't pass it on to the dev team to help fix it.  It's pretty tough to fix issues you can't see.  So!  If you like to see a problem you're having get fixed, it would always be a good idea to submit a ticket to the team to help them in the data collection necessary to fix it:

support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle Rodgers

For what it's worth John I haven't had freezes for ages. No idea why they've stopped, except to say I keep my system up to date in terms of drivers in most cases. Especially graphics.

Is this "freezing" something that only happens after a reasonable length of time? The reason I ask is because I have not experienced this, and that may be because I have only conducted short "taxi/take off/pattern/land/taxi" (manual) test flights to date at various large UK airports. I have seen the "spinning displays" bug twice now.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is this "freezing" something that only happens after a reasonable length of time? The reason I ask is because I have not experienced this, and that may be because I have only conducted short "taxi/take off/pattern/land/taxi" (manual) test flights to date at various large UK airports. I have seen the "spinning displays" bug twice now.

Christopher, I have never experienced this problem either, even on flights of 8 or more hours. In the spirit of full disclosure, I've done only 3-4 of those long flights.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Be patient.

SP1 is coming and that issue will be fixed.

In the meantime you might wanna review your system and FSX settings. I don't experience this freezing thing often. I think it's happened to me about 2 or 3 times and they lasted for around 1 or 2 seconds.

Actually they said they "might" fix it.

Didn't work :( I searched and tried all the suggestions but no good

ah2511

Your are fast. Tried all the suggestions in the 0 days as a member.

Please sign your full name per these Forum Rules http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/

To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.

Thank you.