Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Navigraph en route charts

Hi i have gone and got myself FMS yearly updates and cloud charts! My question is along my IFR route on descent i have a waypoint that says unable to do 280 kias at xxxx now i want to check that waypoint on my route to see if it is a soft or hard speed restriction! I can't seem to see the speeds on the En Route chart for the waypoints or don't they have them? If not where else can i find these restrictions? There on the SIDs and STARs which i can see clearly.

Vernon Howells

The speed restriction you're seeing is most probably associated with the particular STAR you're flying, not with the enroute segment of the flight.

Which STAR is it?

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I can't seem to see the speeds on the En Route chart for the waypoints or don't they have them?  If not where else can i find these restrictions? There on the SIDs and STARs which i can see clearly.

I'm not understanding what your question is here.  If you've found them on the SID/STAR charts, why are you looking for them on the en route charts?

(Also, I'm hoping you're not paying for the en route charts - you can see free en route charts, worldwide, on SkyVector.com)

En route charts will not have speed restrictions.  SID/STAR charts will have those.

My question is along my IFR route on descent i have a waypoint that says unable to do 280 kias at xxxx now i want to check that waypoint on my route to see if it is a soft or hard speed restriction!

I'm guessing your issue is the following:

Descents are pretty rigid when it comes to how they're programmed into the background of FMC functions.  The FMC only allows one direction for both speed and altitude.  Speed and altitude can only decrease through the descent portion of the flight (without pilot intervention, of course).  As such, what's happening is the STAR is requiring you to be at a point at 280 knots (pretty common on US STARs now), but if you look at your planned descent speed, it's likely lower than 280.  There are probably multiple ways of handling this to get the FMC to stop constantly bugging you about it, but I just change the descent speed to 280, and the problem is solved.

It's not a matter of en route restrictions conflicting with STAR restrictions, or anything like that.  It's a matter of the FMC assumptions disagreeing with the restrictions on the STAR.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry guys its a STAR, KLAX SEAUV2 and the way point is KONZL have a look if you's wish now i feel stupid :( wasn't checking right buy its a learning curve for me!

I got the route charts with icloud approach charts buddy and also videos they are great. I also use skyvector too!!

I fly in europe but just doing a tutorial with SAS 737 NGX which is in depth and good :)

Vernon Howells

I understand 2 lines above an altitude rest means AT what is lines above and below separately?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jwj01idr07h5dr/Photo%2030-04-2014%2018%2058%2030.png

Check this out guys its the NOISE ABATEMENT PROCEDURE for GCTS i understand it clean flaps + 10 kts but it doesn't say when you can accelerate? Bit confused.

Vernon Howells

I'm not familiar with NACO chart format but I believe that's AT (when there are lines over and under number). At least, that's how it's depicted at jeppesen chart.

About Noise abatement proc. it doesn't say indeed, I believe it's up to 3000ft. 

I understand 2 lines above an altitude rest means AT what is lines above and below separately?

Think of it like a wall.  If the wall is above the number, you can be at that number or below it.  If the wall is under the number, you can be at or above it.  Above and below?  At, and only at that altitude/speed.

Since you seem to be so willing to learn, I'd recommend cutting a bunch of the forum questions out of the loop and doing some learning on your own (faster, at your own pace, and so on - plus, a lot of these questions aren't related to PMDG stuff, directly).  You can learn a ton here:

http://pilotcerts.laartcc.org/page/ratings.html

Ignore the stuff about logging on to VATSIM, and getting certified and all that.  Just look at the content alone.  There's a ton of info there to help you out.

Kyle Rodgers