Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cooperwarner8

Pmdg ngx flap sounds

Hi,

I absolutely live the ngx. I am always flying it but I cannot hear the flaps being extended and retracted, I have played around with the fmc sound controls but no luck

It has been many months since I last flew the NGX, but there is one good reason as to why you cannot hear the flaps extend and retract from the cockpit. You can't from the real airplane.

Between being electrically operated and being so far behind the cockpit, you just simply don't hear them. 

P.S. - Before some else scolds you, you do have to put your full name with your posts. 

Jared Listinsky

It's because you are sitting in the captains seat, and not in seat 15A

However, if you go to an external view, use Ctrl+Shift and Enter or Delete and get up close, you CAN hear the flaps! (and hydraulic pumps and fuel pumps and APU etc).

Some of these things are easier to hear with the engines off.

qfafin.jpg
Trent Hopkinson, 2015 Crewmember of www.mangrove.com.au WorldFlight sim

Youtube channel www.youtube.com/user/musicalaviator

However, if you go to an external view, use Ctrl+Shift and Enter or Delete and get up close, you CAN hear the flaps! (and hydraulic pumps and fuel pumps and APU etc).

Suggestion: Spot View

Thank me later

Also. plug the other 5 speakers of your surround sound system in.... or change Windows settings to be in Stereo sound instead of "surround sounds" so sounds aren't being sent to non-existent speakers.

(Control Panel, Sound, Playback, Configure)

http://s14.postimg.org/teyh9zhhd/Stero.jpg

qfafin.jpg
Trent Hopkinson, 2015 Crewmember of www.mangrove.com.au WorldFlight sim

Youtube channel www.youtube.com/user/musicalaviator

It has been many months since I last flew the NGX, but there is one good reason as to why you cannot hear the flaps extend and retract from the cockpit. You can't from the real airplane.

Between being electrically operated and being so far behind the cockpit, you just simply don't hear them. 

P.S. - Before some else scolds you, you do have to put your full name with your posts. 

It's because you are sitting in the captains seat, and not in seat 15A

Some of these things are easier to hear with the engines off.

I have been in the cockpit you can hear the flaps loud and clear (at least on a -700).

Weston Hall

vrs_supporter.png

fbsupporter.jpg

I have been in the cockpit you can hear the flaps loud and clear (at least on a -700).

Under what circumstances? It's not normal to be able to hear flap movement sounds.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ok I've checked and the flap sounds are not even playing. I have shut down the engines and the flap sounds are definitely not playing. I have reinstalled fsx and pmdg and still no luck

support ticket time

ZORAN

Ok I've checked and the flap sounds are not even playing. I have shut down the engines and the flap sounds are definitely not playing. I have reinstalled fsx and pmdg and still no luck

setting in the captians seat landing

Weston Hall

vrs_supporter.png

fbsupporter.jpg