Sign in to follow this  
middiu

PMDG MCP knobs sensibility

Hi Guys

quick question about MCP knobs:

is there a way ( may be a keyboard shortcut) to increse the sensibility of MCP knobs?For example to change the Altitude, instead to increase/reduce the value 100 by 100, to increase/reduce the value 500 by 500 or 1000 by 1000.

Cheers

Emilio

I was also wondering this!

It can be a little annoying to constantly rotate the knob to the desired figure. I know that they have to do this in real life but they can scroll with their fingers faster than I can with my mouse

What plane are you all talking about? The T7 will change altitude in 1000 foot increments and the MD-11 in 500 foot increments. It's a real hardship on the NGX and 744 to hold the left or right mouse button down.

PMDG 777 already has an option of 100 increments and 1000 increments on the knob.

Probably talking about the 738.  For fun I went and ran the 738 Tutorial #2 again last night.  About 60 seconds of holding down the mouse button in order to get the barometric DH to 989.  I understand that PMDG is shooting for as realistic as possible, but does it really take a full minute to set one control in a 738?

About 60 seconds of holding down the mouse button in order to get the barometric DH to 989.  I understand that PMDG is shooting for as realistic as possible, but does it really take a full minute to set one control in a 738?

This one is actually broken in 737 - should work like in 777. Pull it a bit, goes slow, pull it more, goes fast.

It is supposed to be repaired in SP2.

Probably talking about the 738. For fun I went and ran the 738 Tutorial #2 again last night. About 60 seconds of holding down the mouse button in order to get the barometric DH to 989. I understand that PMDG is shooting for as realistic as possible, but does it really take a full minute to set one control in a 738?

Have you tried using the scroll wheel on your mouse?

Cristi Neagu

Using the scroll wheel generally moves my mouse off of the target control.  In my case using the mouse buttons to increment/decrement the control works more efficiently.

Using the scroll wheel generally moves my mouse off of the target control. In my case using the mouse buttons to increment/decrement the control works more efficiently.

But... You're complaining it takes too long to put in the right value, and yet the wheel works a lot faster... I don't really see how that is less efficient. Also, scrolling moves your mouse? Weird... Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

Cristi Neagu

Also, scrolling moves your mouse? Weird..

Not everyone has your obviously superior motor skills. :rolleyes:

Not everyone has your obviously superior motor skills. :rolleyes:

Shucks... Thanks. I try to maintain proficiency by doing 15 minutes of finger flexing before every flight. :D

Cristi Neagu

Sorry, I was talking about 737.

Thanks for your replies

Emilio

There is no 1000 foot increment option on the real 737 MCP, so no.

There is an acceleration function if you use the mouse wheel though - roll it faster and the digits should move quicker.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just please don't take the scroll-function away from the EFIS-panel with NGX SP2, Ryan! However functional the click-drag method of the T7 is, it just feels wrong not to scroll scroll-wheels :P