Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

Update: Aerosoft Airbus Projects Preview

why doesn't anybody consider making a340?

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

why doesn't anybody consider making a340?

because airbus stopped producing them and many companies consider to retire them and replace them with 777 or 330 or 787 and maybe a350 (fuel efficiency lower costs etc)

so what would we need to do if we have the airbus extended and we wanted to get the A318-A319 so we have both aircraft the A318, A319 A320 A321 im confused on if i get the a319-a318 i wont have the Airbus X a320-A321 can soeone clarify what will happen

The upgrade path for the A320/321 is 12.11 Euros. There is also a path to upgrade for both the A320/321 and the A318/319. I believe I read that was 20.95 Euros. Another upgrade is only getting the A318,319. That's 16.16 Euros. With this option you get the new A318, A319, but keep your current AXE product with no updates.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

hmm interesting... sounds like they decided to now start milking product since they are the only once on market that have a decent airbus with working systems...  will the new version finally support pop out CDU and displays or will that be another 12 euro's?

-----------------

thanks

Andrei.

This has to be regarded as Aerosoft's official response to 'our' thread, I suppose:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82081-airbus-projects-preview/?p=588091

Have to admit, I like the point about technical hurdles more than the one about making money - but then again, being the one who is supposed to pay the money, I might possibly be slightly biased, somehow.   :P

hmm interesting... sounds like they decided to now start milking product since they are the only once on market that have a decent airbus with working systems...  will the new version finally support pop out CDU and displays or will that be another 12 euro's?

-----------------

thanks

Andrei.

That's not listed in the feature list, so it may not be. The problem I have with this, is one of the big selling points for this upgrade is the Weather radar. For those who's chosen Weather engine is ASN it's not guaranteed to work. So you either have to use a different WXR engine like OPUS, or fore go the Wxr Radar, taking away the biggest new feature justifying the upgrade price! The same could be true about PMDG T7 since theirs only work with ASN, but they're not charging for their service pack.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Have to admit, I like the point about technical hurdles more than the one about making money

Sorry Oliver, i don't like this.  Again, what if PMDG came out saying that SP1 couldn't be applied to the existing product?  The Airbus x-tended is a relatively new product, if PMDG released a new MD11 i would expect to pay again, if they released the 777 again but with weather radar, oh you have to pay 30% of the purchase cost for bug fixes and the weather radar i would be slamming the practice as at the very least disingenuous. 

What's more these type of actions start trends, if Aerosoft get away with this can we expect every company to release buggy products followed by fixes that they charge for?

I expect to have to pay for the new models, i have no issue with that, i have an issue with paying for bug fixes.

Ian R Tyldesley

Sorry Oliver, i don't like this.  (...)

I expect to have to pay for the new models, i have no issue with that, i have an issue with paying for bug fixes.

Ian, either did I word that the wrong way, or I was creating confusion by mixing too much self-mockery with stating my honest opinion: I do see things the way you do.

Aerosoft have abandoned the code of the Extended Airbus in favour of a vastly different code base for their upcoming Airbus family, before fixing all the stuff that needed to be fixed. Not exactly the customers' fault.

No ASN wx radar = no buy from me. Mathijs actually stated that he has gone back to using the default FSX wx engine because he finds that better. Just wow.....

Eric