Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

Update: Aerosoft Airbus Projects Preview

The not so good news: The upgrade for the existing Aerosoft Airbus X (Extended) A320/321 won't come for free (like in "change of Aerosoft's plan").

My personal pick will probably be: A "cross licence" from the Extended A320/321 to the upcoming A318/319 - so I will be able to fly an upgraded A319 instead of the current A320/321 Extended AND steep approaches with the A318.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82081-airbus-projects-preview/

Hmm seems a little disingenuous to me.  I already have the Airbus x-tended, why should i pay 12 euros for (effectively) a patch to the Aerosoft Airbus A320?

I might look again when the A330 arrives.  Otherwise it might have to be the FSL A320...in 2120 when it comes out.

Ian R Tyldesley

Hi Oliver.What was I saying earlier? You are 'Da Man'. Many thanks for this. Not quite sure do I get goose-pimples for this wonderful news or do I save them for the SP1 we are all waiting for you-know-what. Nevertheless, a nice heads-up, Oliver. I'll go for the combo. The A330 news proves some were right to sit on the fence with other offings.

In my point of view it's okay, do not think abusive price.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Pricing sounds very fair.

I'm confused. So they're basically making an updated extended?

Does anyone know if these Aerosoft Airbus's work with hardware that runs through fsuipc?

Eric 

Does anyone know if these Aerosoft Airbus's work with hardware that runs through fsuipc?

It certainly does.

I'm confused. So they're basically making an updated extended?

Correct. The improvements (which were going to be free) will now be payware as they have had to re-write the code and basically do a small rebuild of the A320/A321 package. You will get better framerates, wx radar and greater functionality. Sounds good and the price seems fair.

Interesting PMDG Weather radar will work only with ASN, their's is guaranteed to work with everyone but ASN!

And what does pmdg  got  to do with aerosoft Airbus update 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The WX Radar will not work with ASN upon release, just so you guys know.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

So did Aerosoft find a way to get working weather radar from default FSX?  Or, is this just going to be more or less an eye candy thing?  I thought ASN was the only weather engine out there that would allow a real, working weather radar due to how they know where precip really is and not some best guess.  That's why PMDG is now finally adding weather radar to their aircraft.  Because for the first time in FS history, with ASN, it can be a true weather radar.

Anyway, I get the stance Aerosoft has chosen to take and when I fly the bus, I'd maybe switch back to Opus or even default weather if the bus will indeed be able to implement true weather radar and not just display some pretty colors.

Just curious.  I'll still be buying the A318/319 on release day!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

So did Aerosoft find a way to get working weather radar from default FSX? Or, is this just going to be more or less an eye candy thing? I thought ASN was the only weather engine out there that would allow a real, working weather radar due to how they know where precip really is and not some best guess. That's why PMDG is now finally adding weather radar to their aircraft. Because for the first time in FS history, with ASN, it can be a true weather radar.

Anyway, I get the stance Aerosoft has chosen to take and when I fly the bus, I'd maybe switch back to Opus or even default weather if the bus will indeed be able to implement true weather radar and not just display some pretty colors.

Just curious. I'll still be buying the A318/319 on release day!!!

It seems like they found a way to do it that works with the FSX SDK here's what they said.

Funtional (!) Precipitation radar added (TILT, GAIN, SYS1 controls) compatible with default FSX/P3d weather, Aidata limited - Ideal Flight Augmented, Aidata Limited - Ideal Flight 10, Hifi Tech - Active Sky 2012, FSGLOBAL Weather, Rolling Cumulus Software - weather themes, REX - REX Essential w/overdrive, AFS Design - Sky & Clouds fsx, Equinox IT - Fsclimate, HIFI Sim - ActiveSky Evolution, SL - Real Sky Pro Edition, FSOPEN - Open Clouds, Hanse Coders - FSRealwex Lite, Opus Software - OPUSFSX, Pilots -FS Global Real Weather, FSREALWX - XPrealwx Clouds, FS Meteo - FS Meteo, Just Flight - FS Global Real Weather, VATSIM pushed weather, IVAO pushed weather. Compatibility with weather tools that do not adhere to SDK standards (like ASN) is considered but not guaranteed.

It seems like they found a way to do it that works with the FSX SDK here's what they said.

Funtional (!) Precipitation radar added (TILT, GAIN, SYS1 controls) compatible with default FSX/P3d weather, Aidata limited - Ideal Flight Augmented, Aidata Limited - Ideal Flight 10, Hifi Tech - Active Sky 2012, FSGLOBAL Weather, Rolling Cumulus Software - weather themes, REX - REX Essential w/overdrive, AFS Design - Sky & Clouds fsx, Equinox IT - Fsclimate, HIFI Sim - ActiveSky Evolution, SL - Real Sky Pro Edition, FSOPEN - Open Clouds, Hanse Coders - FSRealwex Lite, Opus Software - OPUSFSX, Pilots -FS Global Real Weather, FSREALWX - XPrealwx Clouds, FS Meteo - FS Meteo, Just Flight - FS Global Real Weather, VATSIM pushed weather, IVAO pushed weather. Compatibility with weather tools that do not adhere to SDK standards (like ASN) is considered but not guaranteed.

Well, that will be cool!  Guess now we have to add another thing to the list of configuration changes when we switch between aircraft.  Fly the bus...use bus fsx.cfg, Opus.  Fly the NGX...use NGX fsx.cfg, ASN.

Hopefully Opus has figured out how to prevent cloud popping and wind shifts by now?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024