Sign in to follow this  
Don t moderate me this way

Update: Aerosoft Airbus Projects Preview

The not so good news: The upgrade for the existing Aerosoft Airbus X (Extended) A320/321 won't come for free (like in "change of Aerosoft's plan").

My personal pick will probably be: A "cross licence" from the Extended A320/321 to the upcoming A318/319 - so I will be able to fly an upgraded A319 instead of the current A320/321 Extended AND steep approaches with the A318.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82081-airbus-projects-preview/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmm seems a little disingenuous to me.  I already have the Airbus x-tended, why should i pay 12 euros for (effectively) a patch to the Aerosoft Airbus A320?

I might look again when the A330 arrives.  Otherwise it might have to be the FSL A320...in 2120 when it comes out.

• Upvote 4

Hi Oliver.What was I saying earlier? You are 'Da Man'. Many thanks for this. Not quite sure do I get goose-pimples for this wonderful news or do I save them for the SP1 we are all waiting for you-know-what. Nevertheless, a nice heads-up, Oliver. I'll go for the combo. The A330 news proves some were right to sit on the fence with other offings.

• Upvote 1

In my point of view it's okay, do not think abusive price.

João Alfredo

Interesting PMDG Weather radar will work only with ASN, their's is guaranteed to work with everyone but ASN!

I'm confused. So they're basically making an updated extended?

Does anyone know if these Aerosoft Airbus's work with hardware that runs through fsuipc?

Does anyone know if these Aerosoft Airbus's work with hardware that runs through fsuipc?

It certainly does.

I'm confused. So they're basically making an updated extended?

Correct. The improvements (which were going to be free) will now be payware as they have had to re-write the code and basically do a small rebuild of the A320/A321 package. You will get better framerates, wx radar and greater functionality. Sounds good and the price seems fair.

Interesting PMDG Weather radar will work only with ASN, their's is guaranteed to work with everyone but ASN!

And what does pmdg  got  to do with aerosoft Airbus update 

The WX Radar will not work with ASN upon release, just so you guys know.

So did Aerosoft find a way to get working weather radar from default FSX?  Or, is this just going to be more or less an eye candy thing?  I thought ASN was the only weather engine out there that would allow a real, working weather radar due to how they know where precip really is and not some best guess.  That's why PMDG is now finally adding weather radar to their aircraft.  Because for the first time in FS history, with ASN, it can be a true weather radar.

Anyway, I get the stance Aerosoft has chosen to take and when I fly the bus, I'd maybe switch back to Opus or even default weather if the bus will indeed be able to implement true weather radar and not just display some pretty colors.

Just curious.  I'll still be buying the A318/319 on release day!!!

So did Aerosoft find a way to get working weather radar from default FSX? Or, is this just going to be more or less an eye candy thing? I thought ASN was the only weather engine out there that would allow a real, working weather radar due to how they know where precip really is and not some best guess. That's why PMDG is now finally adding weather radar to their aircraft. Because for the first time in FS history, with ASN, it can be a true weather radar.

Anyway, I get the stance Aerosoft has chosen to take and when I fly the bus, I'd maybe switch back to Opus or even default weather if the bus will indeed be able to implement true weather radar and not just display some pretty colors.

Just curious. I'll still be buying the A318/319 on release day!!!

It seems like they found a way to do it that works with the FSX SDK here's what they said.

Funtional (!) Precipitation radar added (TILT, GAIN, SYS1 controls) compatible with default FSX/P3d weather, Aidata limited - Ideal Flight Augmented, Aidata Limited - Ideal Flight 10, Hifi Tech - Active Sky 2012, FSGLOBAL Weather, Rolling Cumulus Software - weather themes, REX - REX Essential w/overdrive, AFS Design - Sky & Clouds fsx, Equinox IT - Fsclimate, HIFI Sim - ActiveSky Evolution, SL - Real Sky Pro Edition, FSOPEN - Open Clouds, Hanse Coders - FSRealwex Lite, Opus Software - OPUSFSX, Pilots -FS Global Real Weather, FSREALWX - XPrealwx Clouds, FS Meteo - FS Meteo, Just Flight - FS Global Real Weather, VATSIM pushed weather, IVAO pushed weather. Compatibility with weather tools that do not adhere to SDK standards (like ASN) is considered but not guaranteed.

It seems like they found a way to do it that works with the FSX SDK here's what they said.

Funtional (!) Precipitation radar added (TILT, GAIN, SYS1 controls) compatible with default FSX/P3d weather, Aidata limited - Ideal Flight Augmented, Aidata Limited - Ideal Flight 10, Hifi Tech - Active Sky 2012, FSGLOBAL Weather, Rolling Cumulus Software - weather themes, REX - REX Essential w/overdrive, AFS Design - Sky & Clouds fsx, Equinox IT - Fsclimate, HIFI Sim - ActiveSky Evolution, SL - Real Sky Pro Edition, FSOPEN - Open Clouds, Hanse Coders - FSRealwex Lite, Opus Software - OPUSFSX, Pilots -FS Global Real Weather, FSREALWX - XPrealwx Clouds, FS Meteo - FS Meteo, Just Flight - FS Global Real Weather, VATSIM pushed weather, IVAO pushed weather. Compatibility with weather tools that do not adhere to SDK standards (like ASN) is considered but not guaranteed.

Well, that will be cool!  Guess now we have to add another thing to the list of configuration changes when we switch between aircraft.  Fly the bus...use bus fsx.cfg, Opus.  Fly the NGX...use NGX fsx.cfg, ASN.

Hopefully Opus has figured out how to prevent cloud popping and wind shifts by now?

And what does pmdg  got  to do with aerosoft Airbus update 

Two different approaches to wx radar:

PMDG interfaces with ASN only (external application).

Aerosoft interfaces with weather within FSX, so a number of wx engines are supported.

Looks like the AS radar will still yield plausible, but not precise results:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82081-airbus-projects-preview/?p=587714

The WX Radar will not work with ASN upon release, just so you guys know.

Not doubting you but are you sure?

Having read the aerosoft forumn the payment is fine by me.

You get what you pay for in life, and i find aerosoft (and Mathias) very highly respectable and proffesional people and companies, when you look at the likes of other companies (wilco, bbs etc etc)

There support is fantasic and they never lead anyone down the garden path, I cant say a bad word about them,

I will also be buying the 319 and 330 on day one.

Not doubting you but are you sure?

AS are looking into the ASN issue, but haven't found a solution yet.

Release of the A318/319 is at least(!) one month away.

So, until release, the issue could or could not be solved.

Very fair considering the amount of working being put into the new project. To be honest, for an aircraft like the A330 which does not exist in a high quality form for FSX or any simulator I would pay pretty much anything.

It will get very interesting very soon on the Airbus front as we can be certain to hopefully have the FSL A320, the full A32X collection from AS and also finally an A330 from hopefully both FSL and AS! NLS should also eventually get their A380 out sometime too which is looking promising! The future is very bright.

If the frames are improved by 3 or 4 fps it will be worth it for me.  My computer needs all the fps it can get with 320.  I can achieve 12-15 in most payware scenery.  With a boost of several more frames will make it more enjoyable.

Well the reasoning is completely disingenuous isn't it?  

"Because most of the core systems have been changed totally it is NOT possible to update the old products. This was our initial plan but unfortunately no longer an option."

If the A320 is a complete rewrite, fine, why can't the promised upgrade be delivered by a fresh download activated by the old key?  That's done commonly and whether there's an additional payment is a separate issue.

To be fair, the offer of a free upgrade to include the A318/319 was always a generous one.  PMDG didn't do that with the B737 600/700 for example.  However, Aerosoft weren't required to make such an offer and shouldn't have made it if they couldn't be sure of delivering on it.

Agreed, AS have delivered versions 1.10 and 1.15, for example, as fresh full installers, which used the old serial keys. So I think their statement is not meant in a technical sense, but in a commercial sense.

But then again, the combo of the A318/319 and the upgrade of the A320/321 to v2.0 will be only 5 EUR more than just the conversion from the A320/321 (v1.16) to the A318/319. Still no bad deal.

Or, alternatively, giving up the A320/321, getting the A319 (v2.0) instead, plus the "steeply approaching" A318 for 20 EUR, concurring with their long-term price announcement, is also a viable option for me.