Sign in to follow this  
megatransat

Need help with the Flight plan, descent, and fmc for this PMDG 737 NGX

When I am reaching the top of descent point during crs altitude, I choose my approach for the destination. Then I click execute once I choose an approach, but the approach plan doesnt connect to the flight plan? It is just a blank space in between both plans. Wierd eh? Don't I need a transition point in between so it can all connect? When i go to the legs page, in between my normal flight plan and the approach plan, there is a line that says "flight plan discontinued". What do i type in so it can connect together? Can someone please explain this to me. Can someone tell me where I can find the ILS frequency's for runways I want to land? Is there a page on the internet or something? LASTLY, (sorry for so many questions), how do I know what my glideslope should be during descent? 

And lastly lastly, is there an ILS descent and approach checklist for this plan anywhere?

Thank you guys so much:) 

Andrej

hen I click execute once I choose an approach, but the approach plan doesnt connect to the flight plan? It is just a blank space in between both plans. Wierd eh?

It's absolutely normal, and not at all weird.  This is often the case, worldwide, but more so in the United States.  We use vectors extensively to sequence and manage traffic.

Don't I need a transition point in between so it can all connect?

No, you do not.

What do i type in so it can connect together? Can someone please explain this to me.

You don't type anything in to make them connect, but you can have a look at the tutorials to learn how to eliminate the discontinuity (and learn loads of other things in the process, to include your "glideslope during descent thing").

Can someone tell me where I can find the ILS frequency's for runways I want to land?

INIT REF page of the CDU.  Another reason you should read and fly the tutorials  :wink:

Please fly them.  They'll answer most all of your questions (with pictures, so it's even more effective than 10 people trying to type out explanations here), and help you learn a lot about the plane.  Post here if you have any questions afterwards.

Kyle Rodgers

thank you so much! And I have already done the tutorials about 5 times each yesterday to understand this more. I have a lot to learn, i'm only 13 years old.