Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Which tool for take-off performance calculation?

I added Toper for the 777 this morning and rev'd it up to current 3.3.6 (the download is an older 3.0 and its important to update).  First trial was out of KLAX in the B77W lightly loaded for the AA68 hop to KMIA. With typical mild LAX morning temps and gentle breeze and preferring Flaps 5 Toper calculated DTO2 +30C V1/Vr/V2  156/163/176.  I could have used TO1 but the assumed temp was about 50C so I selected TO2.  The v-speeds by the PMDG FMC were 158/161/168, the biggest variation being in the V2 speed.  By comparison, TOPCAT doesn't even have a B77W calculation, using their 777F calculation that I've gone by in the past the result was Flaps 5 DTO1 +47C, which is a tad more thrust that Toper calculated and the TOPCAT v-speeds were 153/156/160. Yeah, much happier with Toper for now.

Still need to do a few RTO's to see how the balanced field length works out.

I'll continue to use it.  May even get his landing calculator.

Dan Downs KCRP

Does anyone have some newer .tod files for utopia? Or specific data to make a new .tod file would also be highly appreciated. I am looking for the 777-300 and A320.

Does anyone have some newer .tod files for utopia? Or specific data to make a new .tod file would also be highly appreciated. I am looking for the 777-300 and A320.

I'm sorry, what is utopia?  I don't recall seeing it discussed in this thread, but then it is six months old.

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please. Thank you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Utopia is a small software that calculates take-off performance. It was discussed in the original post on page 1 of this thread. I was just wondering if there were more .tod files available for it other than those that come with it.

JC Goloubev

I was just wondering if there were more .tod files available for it other than those that come with it.

I would doubt it since no one seems to know what it is. Maybe you could get more information by contacting the developer of the software or searching the Internet.