Sign in to follow this  
X_Man

TopCat Data Provided from PMDG

Just wondering why PMDG passed different data to TopCat from what is in the aircraft.cfg? Also, in relation to PAX,12-48-72 was passed verses 14-48-172?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PMDG did not pass any data to the TopCAT developers, as far as I know.

The developers for TopCAT probably used some data provided by Boeing, and some guesswork.

In any case, I don't think PMDG is to blame for inaccuracies.

Just FYI, the plane will not have any performance issues with an error of 2 pax - in real life, the actual TOW can be out by a couple of tons, as they use estimated weights for the pax, which over 2-300 people, can result in a cumulative error. If we could actually weigh the plane before every take-off, I think some of you would be surprised at how out these numbers can be. (in both directions) Also, as I said, I doubt a difference of 2 pax would even change your V speeds etc. Now on a much smaller plane, yes. By much smaller, I think even a 737 would not care about a 2 pax error. We are talking Learjet or light prop here.

Just FYI, the plane will not have any performance issues with an error of 2 pax - in real life, the actual TOW can be out by a couple of tons...

I know, but the Financial Accountant Six Sigma Certified Analyst in me likes data sources to tick and tie. :Whistle:

X_Man, on 01 Jul 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

I know, but the Financial Accountant Six Sigma Certified Analyst in me likes data sources to tick and tie. :Whistle:

You will then be sadly disappointed in the real world. 

51907720_zps907a8c66.jpg

Take for example the roller board you carry onto a regional jet.

Let's say for example you weigh it at home and your bathroom scale says it weighs 15 pounds.

You go to the airport and check it as checked luggage at the ticket counter. Your bag now causes the airplane to weigh 30 pounds heavier on account of your bag.

You decide instead to bring it to the gate instead of checking it. The agent at the gate says you have to valet check it and takes it from you at the gate. Now your 15 pound bag causes the airplane to weigh 20 pounds heavier.

You're able to successfully argue with the agent and flight attendant and are able to bring it aboard the tiny regional jet. Now that bag weighs nothing.

Now x50 or x70 or x86 on those tiny regional jets - the ones most adversely affected because they are smaller than a 737/757/767/777.

You can tell when the calculated weights are off when you see your Vapp and green line (1.23 Vs0) hovering way too close to the yellow line on the low end of the speed tape. So you bump to Vapp by a little swag. :)

Steve w.