Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Earth Simulations Autogenesis product page up

Excellent idea Darren, can you tell us which part of the UK will be the second instalment please? Are we looking at the SouthWest or SouthEast? :p

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Get London out of the way first, and then the rest will be easy :biggrin:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There is already a London add-on Chris from Aerosoft I think, which I don't have but has seemed pretty good on screenshots I've seen - no idea what it's like performance wise though.  I think the built up large urban areas are going to be very difficult to represent, in terms of accuracy and impact on system resources so it'll be interesting to see how they perform :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

It was made by Horizon actually and sold by Aerosoft, it was my first beta testing project.

Cheers, Andy.

I have VFR London X, Kevin! I was thinking more about the other five million buildings that aren't included in that package :biggrin: To be honest, I am a bit worried about how the really large cities are going to be rendered. For the buildings to be dense enough to look realistic, the framerates are surely going to take a colossal hit?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the correction Andy, didn't know that!

How does the Aerosoft London perform then Chris? (a bit off topic so lets not go overboard on it :P)  And how accurate is it?  If its ok on both counts maybe Darren will just do the world around it and save re-inventing the wheel?

EDIT: Just reviewed the manual from Aerosoft - Prob not as its not stated to be P3D2 compatible, but I suppose we could potentially use some of the model elements of it to enhance the realism?

xaP1VAU.png

It's a very good package, Kevin. However, it's also a very demanding package. In fact, I have manually removed the Extremely Dense and Very Dense elements of the package to try and ease the strain a bit. It looks extremely good even with these removed, but the thought of adding thousands of autogen buildings, trees and other objects around it is making my PC shiver with fear! Add UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme into the mix, and I suspect that I will need to disable AI planes completely just to enable it all to load!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sounds like you need an upgrade then :p  But your PC is pretty much on a level with mine if I recall your specs right?

xaP1VAU.png

I consider my i5 2500k powered PC to be pretty decent, even at nearly three years old. You can check it out by clicking on My PC to the left.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Prob could do with a bigger monitor :p  But at that smallish resolution you should get excellent performance out of it :)

xaP1VAU.png

That's part of the reason why I stick with a standard 19" monitor. Increasing the resolution would require greater GPU power, so that will have to wait for a future upgrade :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lol, I can recommend my Radeon 7950 3Gb works really well even at 5000x1200 resolutions.

..and you can pick them up for not much over £120 nowadays..

xaP1VAU.png

Aye, but that's £120 more than I need to spend at the moment :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris you do realise that Ulverston isn't in Yorkshire don't you? :p Where does need come into all this anyway? ;)

xaP1VAU.png

Well, I may need to purchase a new graphics card if PhotoGenesis and AutoGenesis sit there and laugh at my GTX 560Ti, but I will cross that bridge if (or when) I come to it :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png