Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Earth Simulations Autogenesis product page up

Just wonder if Northern Ireland will be covered? Product page said something about UK being covered but the map does not show N.I. Other than that this product line looks great!

Just wonder if Northern Ireland will be covered? 

It's not possible for us to include Northern Ireland at the present time sadly. Unfortunately we're not as well catered for in the UK as developers in the US are, and we have to pay expensive licences for our source data here. a royalty rate of 25% or even 35% is not uncommon. In the case of Northern Ireland there isn't even the option of licensing the data (yet), and to buy it outright is simply out of reach. :( 

I may need to purchase a new graphics card if PhotoGenesis and AutoGenesis sit there and laugh at my GTX 560Ti

You've had no problems with running Isle of Man Chris, so I'm confident you're in for a pleasant surprise ;)

So, I can save that £120 and use it to purchase three volumes of PhotoGenesis and AutoGenesis. That sounds like a better plan to me :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any ETA for the UK volumes to be released Darren ?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Do you mean the "England and Wales" volumes? Kevin has already provided a link to the first volume in the series (north west Scotland).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you mean the "England and Wales" volumes? Kevin has already provided a link to the first volume in the series (north west Scotland).

Pardon my oversight there.... yes I mean England and Wales. :) Would love to see  Manchetser City Scenery for FSX, there was a fellow scenery designed for FSX for Manchester on UK 2000 forums but it was never released. :(

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I saw that one too - it had quite a few bespoke models in it. Autogenesis won't cover places like Manchester with that level of bespoke modelling I don't think. I've contemplated doing various modelling projects but mostly sidelined them because one or two great models on flat photoscenery looks bad :(. With a whole load of proper autogen backing things up very accurately I can imagine it will be less problematic for the community to enhance things. I'd like to see that Manchester scenery as well though, sounded like it could fit in very well with Autogenesis! :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I saw that one too - it had quite a few bespoke models in it. Autogenesis won't cover places like Manchester with that level of bespoke modelling I don't think. I've contemplated doing various modelling projects but mostly sidelined them because one or two great models on flat photoscenery looks bad :(. With a whole load of proper autogen backing things up very accurately I can imagine it will be less problematic for the community to enhance things. I'd like to see that Manchester scenery as well though, sounded like it could fit in very well with Autogenesis! :) K

Yeah the thread just "died" and the creator didn't share the files, or the links went outdated, oh well we can only dream. Would make the approach into EGCC that more special...having said that still looking forward to the Autogenesis for England and Wales

spacer.png

It would be nice to see a few talented guys creating bespoke 3D models to enhance the PhotoGenesis/AutoGenesis packages. I can think of a few bridges that we don't have yet (I wouldn't want anyone to start building models of the bridges that are included in Horizon GenX version 3, because that would be a waste of time), and a few more prominent landmarks.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any ETA for the UK volumes to be released Darren ? 

We'd rather not try to speculate on that 777, mainly because we don't want to raise expectations but also because it's almost impossible to give a meaningful answer. It'll all be as fast as we can possibly manage is all I can say.

It would be nice to see a few talented guys creating bespoke 3D models to enhance the PhotoGenesis/AutoGenesis packages.

This is also our vision for the project Chris. It's just not humanly possible for ourselves to do all we're doing and to model a whole bunch of bespoke landmarks at the same time. But the addition of a few notable landmark buildings in amongst the more generic Autogenesis 3D will make each area as instantly recognisable as the Isle of Man project is now to anyone that's ever been there in real life.

So when do you start?  :P

I believe the first volume has been released. Anyone take the plunge?

I am Tempted but dont do any flying there so will wait fot the UK volumes to be released

spacer.png

I have it, and in P3D2 its gorgeous. FSx ain't bad either :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I purchased P3D v2.3 at the start of the week, and I have just received my copy of PhotoGenesis/AutoGenesis Volume 6-1 in the post today. I also purchased the Estonia Migration Tool, so hopefully I will start installing everything this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Here's a few from me...these are in FSX

fsx2014-08-1318-54-09-76_zps4f11f97d.jpg

fsx2014-08-1318-54-39-66_zpsd0cc8d3b.jpg

fsx2014-08-1318-54-53-87_zps011decd0.jpg

fsx2014-08-1318-54-02-01_zpsa9c092da.jpg

I always fly low and slow really, the necessity of autogen at sub3000ft is absolute for me... ES are selling the photoscenery alone though, so you can get only what you need for the new autogenesis areas, either just the 3D autogen, just the photoscenery or both.

Having an insight into the complexity of the process for generating both the autogen and the level of work that goes into colour matching, correcting and masking all the photo-imagery makes me want to make Darren and Vikki a pair of medals for getting this done :)

I'm going to try to do a video that demonstrates the differences between vanilla fsx, genx, and autogenesis - and I may throw in a comparison with OrbX Scotland as well...

xaP1VAU.png