Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Earth Simulations Autogenesis product page up

Thanks to the last three posters, really pleased you like the screenshots. I'm generally not well known for my screenshot taking abilities  :unsure: but it's such a beautiful area of the UK it's hard to go wrong. 

I've put the Autogenesis 3D feature list below, just in case you weren't yet aware of everything that's included...I think I'd be correct in still saying that this all amounts to the highest specification large scale (16,500km² ) photo real scenery ever developed for flightsim...or are there some others to compare it to now that I've missed appearing?   

Vegetation

• Trees:  Millions of accurately placed trees generated from Ordinance Survey data. 

• Accurate by tree type (approximately) - coniferous, deciduous, mixed woodland.

• Hand placed Trees.  We have gone over the scenery to add tens of thousands more trees by hand to fill in the gaps and correct areas in the source data. 

Buildings

• 19 New High Res Building Textures.  All the housing has unique textures designed to suit UK and suitable for the land use area they are in.

• Great new night lighting effects. With curtains, blinds and different coloured lights.

• Approx 100 New High Res Roof Models & Textures. Brand new roof textures with 3D Chimneys, Skylight Windows, Dormer Windows, Solar Panels and other such stuff.

• Places of worship, churches and chapels all accurately placed and of approximately the right type.

Street Furniture

• Post Boxes/Phone Boxes. Also placed approx where they are and lit at night.

• Bus Stops. Variety of bus stop models placed again approx where they are.

• Road Signs. Placed alongside roads.

Utilities

• 3D Lamp posts with new lighting effects at night.

• Sequencing Traffic Lights. Approximately placed where they actually are in reality.

• Telegraph Poles.

• Pylons. Hand placed and accurate.

• Substations. 

• Masts. Hand placed approx the right type and height with lights.

• Animated Wind farms. Accurately hand placed.

Road Transport

• Animated British Traffic. Approx 200 new vehicle models that are UK type with tail lights and headlights beam effects. Includes buses, lorries, Ambulance, Police Car ( with flashing lights ), Coaches, Taxi, Motor Bike etc..

Rail Transport

• Static Trains. At railway stations. 

• Gantries.

• Animated Level Crossings.

Boat Traffic

• New animated Boat Traffic. New variety of living world boat models including yachts, fishing boats, pleasure boats with night lighting effects.

Bird life

• Birds. Animated bird life scattered throughout the scenery.

Soundscapes

•  A full environmental Soundscape across whole scenery 

Thanks for the shots.  Truly some gifted (and time consuming), development going on there.  There's always the debate/choice for simmers who prefer repeating ground textures like FSX default or Orbx and those who prefer photoreal ground textures.  Each have their pros and cons.  I have always been in the photoreal camp as the scenery is always changing beneath you.

Congrats guys, I'm sure it will sell well.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

One plus I'm finding for the photoreal scenery is I can open google maps on my iPad and navigate by the roads that are actually there. This scenery is just stunning. I have the 60cm version and, although I have a lot of other scenery, this is without doubt the most immersive flight sim experience I've had. Such an amazing part of the world. Hats off to the developers.

These shots look fantastic, and remind me of holidays north of the border. Has anyone flown here yet? I am keen to know how fps and OOMs fare in comparison with Orbx or Generation X...

I'm only using P3D at the moment after making the permanent break from FSX but I can say during normal flight I've never had an OOM with the ES autogenesis :). I have only managed to force it to OOM by doing stupid things like slewing everywhere at crazy speeds and going to overhead view and zooming out to moon altitude :P.

IMHO ES have done wonders here cramming so much detail into this scenery with zero negative impact for me so far :D

It beats GenX hands down and although I have OrbX I havent ever used it for this area - why would you when theres a vastly more accurate and superior scenery?!?! :D

Cheers K

PS on fps I havent noticed the scenery has much impact for me as I've flown the A2A cherokee arpubd it..although like everywhere it looks like building autogen has mote impact on fps than vegetation autogen.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I need to get the other Scotland volumes so that the stark contrast in colour between the PhotoGenesis and PlaySims photoscenery isn't so obvious! For the record, the PhotoGenesis colours are far more realistic. In fact, the side by side comparison of the two shows just how "washed out" the PlaySims photoscenery is in many areas.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png