Sign in to follow this  
captain420

which photoscenery from simheaven do I get?

I'm trying to figure out if I need just one file or both photo scenery files for the Innsbruck area. On simheaven's site there are 2 files:

z+47+011_AUT_Innsbruck_bc17 (1.7GB)

+47+011 (AUT) Innsbruck ZL17 (5.2GB)

There seem to be duplicates for other areas like Netherlands as well. I'm confused by this, so could someone help me out. Thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think that considering the size of the second file it's the same area but done at Zoom Level 17 (ZL17) making it much higher res than the first one. Probably don't need both but just choose the higher or lower detailed one.

They are both ZL17 though.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm not sure where you're getting the first one from. I just checked their site and did a search for 'innsbruck' under ZL17 Photo Sceneries and only the 5.2gb file comes up.

EDIT - I just found that other one under the 'Cities' section of Photo Sceneries. It says that it's ZL17 for some sections and ZL16 for others to reduce size whereas the other one must be full ZL17.

So I guess it's always better to get the non city version as it covers much more area then I suppose?

Yes, I never used the city areas only. Go for the wider versions.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes, the city areas just cover an area around the city, whereas the full region (which is often 6-7GB) in size, will cover a 1x1 degree tile. The name comes from the major city inside that tile.

I often just download the city area when testing it out, and it covers quite a decent area, e.g. The Berlin city download covers a large part of the city and surrounding countryside, but not the entire 1x1 tile.

Great! Thanks guys for clearing that up! Full regions it is!