Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

FSDT KIAH is Out

An accurate afcad out of the BOX? I don't think that's possible as it's often outdated as soon as it's created. Everyone's AI setup and needs from an AFCAD are different. FSDT's afcads are often better than most other devs out there. I've always simply added my initials to the end of my edited FSDT afcads so they are never overwritten and removing the newly added "missing" ones is hardly an issue. I've got 9 FSDT airports in both FSX and P3d and it takes me under 30 seconds to "hunt" them down once every month or two.

This one may be better but there was an updated AFACD released within a few days on the airport's release. Clearly, there was an immediate need. Either way, people like to update AFCADS or download better ones. I simply want an option to select the files that are installed on my system. The addon manager just dumps a bunch of files on me. It doesn't tell me exactly what it is installing and it doesn't give me any choices. I have 12 of their airports and think it is a PIA to weed through them every time I need to reinstall the addon manager.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

One thing I love about this scenery is the grass, it looks like they implemented a new grass system, vs the usual just put a line of un-realistic, over scale grass next to the border of runways and taxiways...

However I wish there developers would find a way to make the airport apron more bustling with vehicles. Big airports like this look FAR too empty to be realistic. I know it's a frame problem, but I know intelligent developers like FSDT and Flightbeam are capable of it.