Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

GEX and UTX for P3D?

I used these two in FSX which I really enjoy - what texture and landclass options are out for P3D since I believe F1 did not license these for use in P3D?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ryan

I finally bought FTX Global and more recently FTX Vector for P3D.

FTX Global is excellent. Some really good realistic world-wide replacement textures. A good GEX replacement.

FTX Vector is also pretty good but not as immersive as UTX was IMO. But at least it claims to cover the world and my coastlines look alot better!

Hope this helps

Regards

Adam

Allen at UTX is working on bringing it to P3D. No time frame but he is working on it. As I understand it, the problems are mainly licensing issues.

Vic

I enjoyed many of the F1 offerings for FSX and bought UTX and GEX while at the same time using and enjoying Orbx's offerings.  Of course they didn't always get along (remember the gabled rooftops?)

When I installed P3D on my system I decided to take somewhat of a minimalistic approach and focus on one product or vendor for each area I wanted a 3PD to cover.  Since Orbx was there from the get go I sort of stayed with them for ground textures and landclass.

I'm not anyone's ######  (oops I guess Fan-BOI is a censored word?) but at this point regardless of type... mesh. LC, textures, flight planning, traffic, weather, etc. it will take a clear & measurable improvement in order to get me to switch from what I have to any new offering. I have the basics covered and I am happy with what I am using and the results I am able to achieve with them.

I played the game of piling-on additions in FSX and that's not an avenue I want to travel in P3d or any other simulator on my system for that matter. It's going to have to be a quality product that pushes the standard higher if it's to end up on my SSD. I do wish the UTX team the best and hope they can deliver a product that I/we can't do without!