Sign in to follow this  
raycopper

PFPX, ASN & SP1 setup

Hi everyone,

I like to setup a flight for the NGX or 777 pre SP1 using PFPX online weather as a 'forecast', and Active Sky as 'actual' weather. I upload the FMC data, (& weather for 777), from PFPX, start ASN in live mode, and fly. No flight plan in ASN

What changes do I have to make to this simple flow to take advantage of the new uplink features in SP1 please?

Ray Copper

No flight plan in ASN

Ray, very important to load a FP in fsx, either automatically as posted in the supp manual, or manually. No FP in ASN means no data uplink for weather.

From the manual

Once the .pln flight plan file is created, either manually or automatically, it must be loaded into the weather add-on application so that weather forecasts are produced for each waypoint of the flight plan.
You can automate this process if you are using Active Sky Next. Set the FSX PLN FILE FOR WXR option at LSK 3L to CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX and at the same time set the Active Sky Next "Auto load simulator flight plan" option in Settings > General Options. (screenshot on the next page) In this case the PMDG 777 will automatically create the .pln file and then load it into FSX triggering an automatic loading of the FSX flight plan into Active Sky Next. This may work with other add-on weather applications if they provide a similar option for automatically loading the simulator flight plan.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for the reply. Thought I'd read that document, but was obviously swamped by the weather radar bit :) Thanks again

Ray

Thanks for the reply. Thought I'd read that document, but was obviously swamped by the weather radar bit :) Thanks again

Ray

No prob Ray, I did make a typo in my first sentence, it should read very important to load a FP in ASN

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have a FP in ASN but my weather forecast is outdated and refuse to update during cruise or after takeoff

The below text is what I posted over at the HiFi forum. For some reason ASN will not update after initial FP import even in live mode.

I am using the following routine when setting up the flight to get the winds in the FMC. Problem is the ATIS on 122.02 is now giving me 5 hour old data. It is now 2055z. ATIS for destination is saying 1445z which is when I started the flight? I never had this happen before when I manually entered a route in ASN. Is what I am doing below locking the ATIS of the destination at the time of the start of the flight? I had to manually refresh ASN to get it to update the ATIS. I am thinking maybe the weather the whole flight now has not changed even though I have it set to live updates every 10 minutes.

-Plan the flight with PFPX & export the .rte file to the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 folder.

-Load up the sim with the 777 & ASN.

-Request the created CO-ROUTE via the downlink & the 777 automatically creates an .pln-file for the sim & ASN

-ASN loads the .pln-file and automatically creates the WX information file.

-ASN keeps the info updated when new data & forecasts are requested.

To add to this I was following the directions in Step 2 of page 163 of the PMDG Introduction Manual of the 777 for automatic process.

Eric 

Hi Guys,

I am exporting my PMDG plans from PFPX as well. One of the problems I am facing is whenever I get the Descent forecast uplink and try to load it , FMC says "Invalid data uplink".

The problem recently emerged after I have to reinstall FSX and 777. 

Note, ROUTE, PERFORMANCE, and WIND data upload without a hitch, it's just the Descent forecast.

Any possible guess why is it happening ?

The below text is what I posted over at the HiFi forum. For some reason ASN will not update after initial FP import even in live mode.

I am using the following routine when setting up the flight to get the winds in the FMC. Problem is the ATIS on 122.02 is now giving me 5 hour old data. It is now 2055z. ATIS for destination is saying 1445z which is when I started the flight? I never had this happen before when I manually entered a route in ASN. Is what I am doing below locking the ATIS of the destination at the time of the start of the flight? I had to manually refresh ASN to get it to update the ATIS. I am thinking maybe the weather the whole flight now has not changed even though I have it set to live updates every 10 minutes.

-Plan the flight with PFPX & export the .rte file to the PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 folder.

-Load up the sim with the 777 & ASN.

-Request the created CO-ROUTE via the downlink & the 777 automatically creates an .pln-file for the sim & ASN

-ASN loads the .pln-file and automatically creates the WX information file.

-ASN keeps the info updated when new data & forecasts are requested.

To add to this I was following the directions in Step 2 of page 163 of the PMDG Introduction Manual of the 777 for automatic process.

Thanks sir i will try it out soon. So i just let pfpx create the FLT plan for pmdg 777 and untick the rest? Eg( flight plan, winddata) under pfpx 

Well, how I am doing it is not letting ASN update during the flight. I have a ticket submitted with with HiFi.

Eric 

Are you guys running ASN networked or on FSX machine ? I used to run ASN networked, but not anymore, and everything seems to run as advertised. Only because my network speed was not great.

Also, and this is only a suggestion, check that your ASN radar data network port is open. Port 19284

To check this: Open command prompt and type "netstat -an" without the quotes. You can view the list of ports that are open.

Every time the 777 updates the flight plan to FSX, and it loads to ASN, my weather changes.  Like I'll be flying through a nice set of TX, threading the needle, and then a new alternate gets chosen or something, and the FP changes, and I lose that TX cluster.  A Developer is going to try to recreate it for me.  Anybody else having this issue?   

Well, how I am doing it is not letting ASN update during the flight. I have a ticket submitted with with HiFi.

Did you submit a ticket or just post it in their Technical Support Forum or both? I am curious the see what HiFi's reply is.

Did you submit a ticket or just post it in their Technical Support Forum or both? I am curious the see what HiFi's reply is.

Both, I sent them four files they requested. Hope to hear back in the next day or two. 

Eric