Sign in to follow this  
mickey_adams

Sounds at 737/800 NGX Winglets?

Hi guys, 

I would like any suggestion to improve the sounds on my aircraft to make them more realistic possible, theres any addon or library to do it?

thanks i'll appreciate it.

Hi guys, 

I would like any suggestion to improve the sounds on my aircraft to make them more realistic possible, theres any addon or library to do it?

thanks i'll appreciate it.

The soundset with the NGX is as real as you're ever going to get!! The sounds are recorded in high definition from a real 737NG, changing them to a different likely more unrealistic soundset would be like saying the default Cessna is better than A2A's Cessna....

The soundset with the NGX is as real as you're ever going to get!! The sounds are recorded in high definition from a real 737NG, changing them to a different likely more unrealistic soundset would be like saying the default Cessna is better than A2A's Cessna....

Do you have to do that in every topic like this? Cmon lad, he's asking for alternatives, so clearly he is not satisfied with the sounds (them being realistic or not). All the PMDG defensors on this forum really bum me out... Give it a rest guys. We all know PMDG makes a fantastic job, but not everyone has to agree with everything.

Anyway , to the OP, check out this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/406453-pmdg-737-ngx-soundpack/

Cheers!

Do you have to do that in every topic like this? Cmon lad, he's asking for alternatives, so clearly he is not satisfied with the sounds (them being realistic or not). All the PMDG defensors on this forum really bum me out... Give it a rest guys. We all know PMDG makes a fantastic job, but not everyone has to agree with everything.

Not that I'm defending PMDG - I personally think their sounds are as true to the real thing you are ever going to get! If you don't like the sounds then thats your own personal opinion....

He asked for more realistic. That was the answer given that PMDG has the most realistic. He isn't fanboying the answer. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean he isn't right. The OP asked for more realistic, not different sounds.

Richie Walsh

All the PMDG defensors on this forum really bum me out...

Then, since I'm sure I top that list, and have already disappointed you by bumming you out, I guess I'll volunteer as that dude who informs you that it's a forum requirement here to sign your posts with your real name...

Kyle Rodgers

Anyway , to the OP, check out this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/406453-pmdg-737-ngx-soundpack/

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually i tried that package before come and post for others solutions, i really like the sounds such engines and cabine, but i am having problems with flap sounds and is that my aircraft just dont play the sound, also the sounds doesnt work on 737/800 winglets, if i find solution to make it work propertly im going to keep that package for sure thanks

but i am having problems with flap sounds and is that my aircraft just dont play the sound,

This is realistic.  You're so far ahead of the flaps that you're not really going to hear them.

This is a simulation of the flight deck, not a simulation of Seat 18A...

Kyle Rodgers

After three years of having the NGX and almost one year of the 777, I decided to use the overwing view as I started the engines and added the take off flaps. You CAN hear the flap motors as they lower in the PAX views.

From my personal experiences, in flight, up front in DC10s, MD11s and A310s, I was not able to hear any flaps coming in. (Yes, I know they aren't 777s or 737s).

I only was up front once on the 737-300 and, again, you can't hear the flaps drop in (at least I could not). Ditto on the 747-200. You can hear them in Cessna 152 and 172s though! :)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

You can hear them in Cessna 152 and 172s though! :)

haha - yep.  You're right next to them.

Now, if you're looking for "right" and "wrong" with aircraft sounds, A2A definitely messed up some of the sounds with the 172.  Amazing aircraft, and I love it, but the fuel pump sound throws me off.  It's a lot more bassy in the real plane.  Not a huge deal, though.  The rest of the experience more than makes up for a slight difference in the sound.

Kyle Rodgers

After three years of having the NGX and almost one year of the 777, I decided to use the overwing view as I started the engines and added the take off flaps. You CAN hear the flap motors as they lower in the PAX views.

From my personal experiences, in flight, up front in DC10s, MD11s and A310s, I was not able to hear any flaps coming in. (Yes, I know they aren't 777s or 737s).

I only was up front once on the 737-300 and, again, you can't hear the flaps drop in (at least I could not). Ditto on the 747-200. You can hear them in Cessna 152 and 172s though! :)

The only airliner I can think of that you can hear the flap motion on the flight deck is the BAe 146/Avro RJ. You hear a noise as the flaps extend from 0 and retract to 0, not for any other movement. I think it's some kind of harmonic set up by the air flow through the TE flap slots as they open and close. You can hear it in the cabin too of course. QW depict it well in their 146 addon. For the other types you mentioned all you can hear is the flap lever moving through the gate, which is the sound PMDG have produced on their sims.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually i tried that package before come and post for others solutions, i really like the sounds such engines and cabine, but i am having problems with flap sounds and is that my aircraft just dont play the sound, also the sounds doesnt work on 737/800 winglets, if i find solution to make it work propertly im going to keep that package for sure thanks

That soundpack is mostly an unacknowledged borrowing from the late Steve Inwood's Ground Roll Enhancement project. The engine sounds that were added to it are poor compared to the PMDG originals, more like the sound you hear in the cabin. The guy who posted that thread had an absolute cheek claiming all those sounds as his own. I think Steve Inwood's original package can still be found on the forum somewhere and is a purer way of getting the enhancement. It is worth having as the original NGX package doesn't include some of the typical rattles and thumps that happen while taxiiing and on the runway. There are also some additional chimes depending on the configuration you select. But it is an enhancement of some PMDG sounds, not a different package. PMDG included such enhanced sounds on the 777.

haha - yep.  You're right next to them.

Now, if you're looking for "right" and "wrong" with aircraft sounds, A2A definitely messed up some of the sounds with the 172.  Amazing aircraft, and I love it, but the fuel pump sound throws me off.  It's a lot more bassy in the real plane.  Not a huge deal, though.  The rest of the experience more than makes up for a slight difference in the sound.

They recorded those sounds from their own 172, so the sound must be "right" for that particular aircraft. All 172s won't sound the same. Either way it's got to be better than the FSX default 172 pump sound (which gets applied to all default aircraft and every aircraft addon that is based on default sounds).

ki9cAAb.jpg

They recorded those sounds from their own 172, so the sound must be "right" for that particular aircraft. All 172s won't sound the same. Either way it's got to be better than the FSX default 172 pump sound (which gets applied to all default aircraft and every aircraft addon that is based on default sounds).

Having flown 18 distinct 172s, I can tell you that they're all very, very, very similar.  So similar that it cannot account for that difference.  Sounds like they just got a bad recording of it, or the mic just dropped the low notes.  You can tell it's mostly right - it's just missing some of the notes.  It's like listening to a song where they took the EQ knobs and cranked the bass down.

Kyle Rodgers

Having flown 18 distinct 172s, I can tell you that they're all very, very, very similar.  So similar that it cannot account for that difference.  Sounds like they just got a bad recording of it, or the mic just dropped the low notes.  You can tell it's mostly right - it's just missing some of the notes.  It's like listening to a song where they took the EQ knobs and cranked the bass down.

I'm surprised they are all so similar, but I wouldn't question your observation (I've only flown in two 172s, both times as a passenger). I've since found a video which shows a 172 pilot using the pump for priming and you're quite right, it is noticeably different to the sim. It has more of a rasp to it. As it's that distinctive did you report it to A2A?

What would we do without DVDs and youtube for these things? I grew up as an aircraft enthusiast with my curiosity satisfied entirely by books and photographs. Nothing in comparison to what is available these days.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'm surprised they are all so similar, but I wouldn't question your observation (I've only flown in two 172s, both times as a passenger). I've since found a video which shows a 172 pilot using the pump for priming and you're quite right, it is noticeably different to the sim. It has more of a rasp to it. As it's that distinctive did you report it to A2A?

What would we do without DVDs and youtube for these things? I grew up as an aircraft enthusiast with my curiosity satisfied entirely by books and photographs. Nothing in comparison to what is available these days.

I never got around to it, though I guess I should.  I know one of my old videos has it in there, too.

And you're right.  I find it really cool how much I loved reading aviation books when I was a kid.  Now with so much more info available at your fingertips, books almost don't cut it anymore.

Kyle Rodgers