Sign in to follow this  
AFL221

Joystick Saitek problem B777 SP1

Hello,

after i've installed the SP1 for the B777, my yoke stopped working well. The problem is that before it worked well, but now, only on the ground. When i take off, it cannot be recognized by FSX and also by FSUIPC4. Is the SP1 compatible with the yoke? I read that a lot of users have that type of problem with WIN8, PMDG, and FSX. Can someone help me please?

P.S. the pc recognizes the yoke, so it has not the problem

check in your windows --> device manager --> saitek USB (yoke and throttle) --> properties -->tab "eneergy management" and deselect the option "windiows may disbale this device to save power"

Works a lot for me.
If you change to another usb port on the PC, you have to do it again for that specific port.

Hope it works!

If you have windows 8 then it's a bug with windows 8 hating all of us that have joysticks and yokes :(

I'm using Windows 8.1 and my controls still work after the update. I'm using the Saitek yoke, rudder pedals and throttle bound using fsuipc

Using the energy management off function worked on every aircraft except the 777 after SP1...  I have never even thought one bad thing about PMDG and I've been buying their products for 10+ years now, but I am trying really hard not to curse SP1 for me its a total mess...  I don't really have the time to dig through the forums, but have they made any comments about SP1? The only thing I saw was that they were pleased about the first few days... In my few moments looking through here and the pages and pages problems I really cant see how they could be pleased...

In my few moments looking through here and the pages and pages problems I really cant see how they could be pleased...

It takes little understanding of the business side of things to truly understand what's going on here.

Even if you have an amazing service, what do you think the percentage of hate mail versus compliments is?  You really can't assume that people are going to be posting here in droves saying "OMG THIS IS THE BEST AIRCRAFT EVER!!!"  No.  Rather, upon any software release, you're going to see maybe one or two of those, and then a whole bunch of "this isn't working right," or "this isn't working at all for me."

Simple statistics and human behavior, really.

Human 101:

Amazing-Acceptable service?  Pay.  Leave.  Go about life.

Poor-Terrible service?  Raise [heck].

When was the last time you thanked your Starschmucks barista for not screwing up your order?

Exactly.

Kyle Rodgers

Ha ha well I'm not a coffee drinker, but I will say I thank my bartender every time he/she doesn't spill anything!

In the past with other products I just didn't recall seeing as many problems, but I just may have over looked it as I have NEVER had a problem until now.

Also (in my minds eye) this is a service pack not a new product... Shouldn't this be fixing problems and not causing an onslaught of problems for users who never had any?

These are top notch products and anyone who says different is just plain wrong, but after spending over 100$ on this program I would hope we will get some resolve or at this point maybe just an acknowledgment that there are some major issues going on here. That's it :)

Paul M

ACA, just a quick question- have you bound the controls to FSUIPC, meaning processing each axis via the utility?  I had similar issues with my Saitek setup dropping out while in FSX, as if the controls just stopped sending input to FSX.  Having the axes mapped via FSUIPC keep my controls functioning even after the windows/FSX side vanished.

You may have done this already, just noting what worked for me.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Thanks... I actually already did and they work just fine with all my other products... The problem that I run into is as follows, if I downsize or open another window while the 777 is the loaded aircraft the controls stop working... they also stop showing up in the simulator, meaning if I go to options->controls they're gone.. just the mouse.  I have never seen this happen before.

I have had issues also with my PFC Cirrus 2 console, with intermittent loss of nose up trim,and my saitek pedals dropping out. I have deleted my FSUIPC ini , but the issues return. My problem with PFC,is everything has to be done thru its software,as no PFC parameters show up in FSX controls,and PMDG tells us not to calibrate thru FSUIPC.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Thanks... I actually already did and they work just fine with all my other products... The problem that I run into is as follows, if I downsize or open another window while the 777 is the loaded aircraft the controls stop working... they also stop showing up in the simulator, meaning if I go to options->controls they're gone.. just the mouse.  I have never seen this happen before.

That is a symptom of Windows 8 and the disconnecting controller. If you are using  fsuipc to bind you controls, you need to disable them in the fsx control menu. I'm using windows 8 and my controls dont show up in the fsx control menu, just the mouse like you said but they still work because they are bound with fsuipc

Pierre W

Ha ha well I'm not a coffee drinker, but I will say I thank my bartender every time he/she doesn't spill anything!

Same here, but people are [jerks], so you can't expect them to go on and on with complements.  Usually, the vocal crowd is just the people with issues, and it seems pretty large because they also speak pretty loudly.

(The "people are [jerks]" thing was a joke, btw...there's a colloquialism of a similar nature to point out that people aren't always the nicest to each other...)

Also (in my minds eye) this is a service pack not a new product... Shouldn't this be fixing problems and not causing an onslaught of problems for users who never had any?

Yes and no.  Yes, it's a SP for the original product, but many new features were added in.  Heck, even the FBW is "new" because it was redesigned.

These are top notch products and anyone who says different is just plain wrong, but after spending over 100$ on this program I would hope we will get some resolve or at this point maybe just an acknowledgment that there are some major issues going on here. That's it :)

Like this?

Okay- back to chasing down pauses...  Thanks for your support of the 777- you guys have really done a great job feeding us information to help nail down these obscure items- and the cooperation is very much appreciated!

Plus, PMDG has taken off a whole bunch, year over year.  Can't let the forum be your sole indicator of the prevalence of problems.

Kyle Rodgers