Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

Carenado Seneca V Released

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Bargain Hunter's Shack" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

RXP integration is mixed.  So far only Nav1 one can be replaced by a GNS430, and it's cooperation with Carenado's G600 is limited.  The HSI will point in the direction of the RXP planned waypoint, but will show no course indication, nor G/S indication.  Hopefully Bert can do his RXP magic and make it a little better.

I've asked Carenado to send me a copy.. if the G600 is similar to the G500 in the Jetprop, it should be possible to make the same mods.  Lets see what they say..

Bert

What about adding RXP.ini with linkgps=on? Does that help RXP communicate with the G600?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just received my copy..  yes, you need to add an rxpgns.ini file, and that helps (a lot).

I would also add AutoCourse=On   (in addition to LinkGPS=On).

I'm going to send Carenado a fix to get the LPV glidepath indicator to show up,

and optionally a way to turn off the annoying Alerts.

Bert

You ROCK Bert!

Thanks for all you do,

Scott

Unfortunately (for me) most (if not all) of Carenado's recent releases, all include a glass cockpit and no classic ADI/HSI etc anymore.

Also the glass panels don't have full cunctionality (which I can understand, but nevertheless)

Personally I don't like glass at all in low-and-slow aircraft, if I want glass I fly a Boeing or Airbus.

I sent Carenado an email asking if they have plans to release an classic ADI/HSI mod for the Seneca.

They will consider it, (for what it's worth.... I sincerely hope so they do)

Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Unfortunately (for me) most (if not all) of Carenado's recent releases, all include a glass cockpit and no classic ADI/HSI etc anymore.

Also the glass panels don't have full cunctionality (which I can understand, but nevertheless)

The G500 in the JetProp is a very workable system when coupled with RealityXP integration, as the full featured Garmin(s) do the heavy lifting, and the G500 is simply a nice display.  I expect (especially with a few mods from Bert) that the G600 in this will work similarly.  With RXP the G500 (and hopefully the G600) is a completely different animal than what you have to live with when using one of the G1000 planes.

My personal preference would've been an avionics package similar to the piston Malibu, which basically reflects the previous generations avionics, but I can live with this as well.  Had they gone wit the current G1000 avionics it would've been a pass for me also.

Scott

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Bargain Hunter's Shack". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

LOL the battle of the admin bots.....FSX Forum to Bargain Hunters....Bargain Hunters to FSX forum....FSX Forum to Bargain Hunters....

Thanks Bert for taking this bird on, despite a few fixable bugs that hopefully Carenado will get, and the improved RXP integration, it should really be a nice plane.  Maybe Carenado would consider dual RXP for a service pack.

If you have the RXP Unlimited pack, you can install dual 430s in the panel:

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window01]
window_size=0.3214, 0.4320
visible=1
ident=10010
position=8
zorder=99
gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430,0,0,100,50
gauge01=rxpGNS!GNS430_2,0,50,100,50

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=513,513
texture=$Panel_2

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430,  -20,  0,542,256
gauge01=rxpGNS!GNS430_2,  -20,245,542,256
//gauge02=PA34V!ToggleCAR430,     64,0, 256, 32

rxpgns.ini file:

[GNS430]
Popup=10010
AutoPilotMode=2
Radios=1
LinkCdiKey=On
AutoApproach=Off
AutoCourse=On
LinkVor=1
LcdStyle=Off
AutoWidth=600
AutoHeight=252
Trainer=
NoKeyClick=Off
GndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off
Brightness=-1.0000
TCAD=On
LinkGPS=On
Crossfill=On
[GNS430_2]
Popup=10010
AutoPilotMode=2
Radios=2
LinkCdiKey=On
AutoApproach=Off
LinkToVor=On
LcdStyle=Off
AutoWidth=600
AutoHeight=252
CrossFill=On

If you only have  single RXP 430, you should still edit the panel to get a better fit.

1. Run the RXP430 Carenado app

2. Edit the panel.cfg file by hand:

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=513,513
texture=$Panel_2

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430,  -20,  0,542,256

Bert

As we've seen with other Carenado releases, you may have to turn off "instrument reflections" to make the popup click spots work.  (shift-3 to change)

Bert

I've sent off the G600 mods to Carenado, but if you would like to test them (with an RXP GNS430),

send me a PM with your email address..

Bert

Hi everybody,

been pretty keen on this release, but my question is about the FPS impact because all of that glass inside again?!

Anyway compareable to the Jetprop or TBM?
Any info would be very appreciated!

Cheers!